July 23, 2014

Prison Break: Flight (finale)

by Keith McDuffee, posted May 15th 2006 10:23PM
prison break(S01E22) The last three episodes of this show made up for one long, long season. Sometimes when I sit to catch a TV show at night, I'm looking to relax. That just didn't seem possible for the past two Mondays now. What will I do to make my Mondays so stressful, now that the season's over?

Something that's quite obvious about this show is that Michael will never be taken lightly by the authorities, having let convicted felons loose. Even if he returns them to jail, how much time money he's caused everyone to hunt them down will be enough to lock him away forever. So, simply put, no matter what Michael does at this point, this show cannot end with an "all's forgiven" for Michael.

I'm really satisfied with how these guys end up at the end of the episode, though it's funny how with all the meticulous planning Michael did, the two newest members of their escape team have gotten away the cleanest. Word is that "Vanilla Ice guy" (Tweener) will be appearing a bit more next season.

Am I just one sick bastard, or was what happened to T-Bag oddly satisfying? It's pretty out-there that he'd actually be able to get away, though what would next season be without him? He's one evil and calculated bastard.

The biggest shocker to me was that Sarah looks to be quite dead. That's actually very sad if true, because it just doesn't make sense that she'd open the door for Michael and crew, only to go home and take herself out. I liked her character, and I thought Sarah Callies did an excellent job playing the character. It's not completely clear that she's dead yet, but it sure looked that way. What a waste.

While the president being killed was a little bit of a surprise, I felt like it lost its edge for me. Most likely this was due to the lackluster story of the Vice President and her brother-in-hiding. They lead us on with the water bottle, making us think it's meant for the Vice, when in fact the president's now dead. I feel like it's too little too late for that part of the story, so I really hope they work on that next season.

So, how will the rest of the guys get away? I just can't even begin to imagine a realistic scenario for them to get away with all of those cops on their tails. Wouldn't the cops likely have the right to open fire at this point? Looks like maybe they should've done a bit of jogging while at Fox River to train for this marathon, because there's a lot more running to do.

From the sound of things, the show comes back in the fall with (most likely) a new name. See you then!

Precious

Woahhhhhhhhhh.....i love wenthworth miller....he just looks like my husband....whew!

November 05 2006 at 11:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lhoyd Apostol

Super Great Great Great Great Episode.

September 16 2006 at 1:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deathwalker

Man, I sure hope Dr. Tancredi isn't dead. They said she was 'likely DOA' and contrary to what someone said above, no one checked her pulse. She's a great character and it was enjoyable to watch the scenes between her and Michael. It was clear that the cops saw Michael and Co. legging it into the woods so it's anyone's guess how they're gonna get out of that pickle. Mike must have some backup plan.

June 15 2006 at 8:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robin

I sure hope that tweener and haywire get a bigger role in the next season. They were one of my faforites. The thing is that the total of 8 who got out are so different from eachother. I think that's what makes the show such a succes. I do feel very sorry for Westmoreland, he should have been alive. I dont feel sorry for sara because i diddnt like her anyway, shes always walking in Michael way.

June 08 2006 at 8:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
holly

rite ok im confused i haven't seen the last episode, but do they get away after the plane flys away or are they threw back in prison? someone please tell me i can't wait until next week, and i seriously hope the doc isn't dead but how can she not be? I really want micheal and her 2 be together, but is she dead or not!!?? please someone tell me!!

May 30 2006 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

Semi-spoiler in this post, don't read if you REALLY don't want to know)

Post: "They lead us on with the water bottle, making us think it's meant for the Vice, when in fact the president's now dead. I feel like it's too little too late for that part of the story..."

Really? I thought it was perfectly timed, considering [former Vice] President Steadman is the one on top of the whole conspiracy, and now that the inmates have beaten the odds (escaped), the vice president has not only escaped losing office, but she's advanced.

#13 (Mo) "And I was a little confused about the president's death, whether it was natural or murder."

It must have been murder, hence (Vice/President Steadman) "And you said I couldn't get things done around here."

I thought this episode was very good, by combining all the factors that the writers (and actors) have used to make the show so great up to this point. There was suspense, plot twisting, creativity, shock, surprise, sadness, disgust, action, and an extreme "How are they gonna get out of this one?" ending. I could go on.

I think that they should not change the name of the series. It's Prison Break. They came from prison, and there is still influence from the prison (the manhunt), and the "break" has begun, but they are still breaking. Besides, the break is the root of the show, stick to your roots. (spoiler on the next line, don't look if you don't want to know)

Sources say the boys are back in prison in season 3.

I think there's a problem with Prison Break AND 24. I've never met a fan that is a diehard on both sides, that couldn't choose a favorite. This blog is 24 biased, and I expect I'd be one too if I had watched from season 1. The shows try to be similar, but in my opinion Prison Break is so versatile, so complex, and much more human than 24. 24 almost never strays from its main plot, and the whole time-based thing is SOOO cheesy. It's like beat the clock, only dramatic with lives on the line. Like, "jack, do this, in this time, or you and the esplodes." (I like to say esplode.) So uptight about giving airtime it's main plot and character. Prison Break had me locked in right away, with so many characters and plots, just barely connected (but yet all very well related), despite that fact it might have been a little farfetched.

To each their own.

Whatever the name, I'll be back!

May 16 2006 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vix

I totally agree that however it ends, it's not going to be pretty for Michael. Even if Lincoln is exonerated, Michael has committed a crime...several crimes and yeah I think he'll be headed back to prison.

May 16 2006 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Midikem

I was so sad when Tancredi was lying there (probebly dead) i was hoping on a romance betwean michael and Tancredi! That they will work togheter in the next season to take the vice preseident down!
Dont know how they will do with the guys running on the field. Think it look hopeless for them. How can u guys be sure they got out of the prison and not being put back. More then the fact that the guys probebly will be looked in a hidden cell forever :P
But where have u guys found out that Tancredi will be back next season where haver u read that?

May 16 2006 at 5:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tweaq

GREAT episode. haywire was freaking hilarious. i was thinking that he was either going to murder her, or play with her bike. LJ is in jail for atempted murder. And as Mo said the now president is only going to serve the rest of the orignal prez's term, that doesn't mean she'll get relected. As as a couple of you have said Tancredi isn't nesecarily dead, but she probably is, or else she'll be put in jail. I was thinking that the plane would/will turn around and fly low and pick up the guys.

May 16 2006 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yme Sandelmann

I actually laughed my ass off when I saw Haywire riding that small bike with the football-helmet on :)

May 16 2006 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply