July 25, 2014

This is it (this is it!): One Day at a Time coming to DVD?

by Bob Sassone, posted May 16th 2006 10:24AM
TV Guide - One Day at a TimeAlright, I'll admit it: I used to watch One Day at a Time, OK? I also used to watch Kate and Allie and The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd. So sue me.

Now it looks like One Day at a Time is finally coming to DVD. Many readers have written in to TVshowsonDVD.com telling them that a preview of One Day at a Time shows up in the extras on the Facts of Life DVD set. No official word yet, but since they have a preview on the DVD that's probably a sign that they are working on transferring them to DVD.

At last, we can see the overacting of Bonnie Franklin the way it was meant to be seen. We can see pre-Van Halen Valerie Bertinelli in all of her Valerie Bertinelliness. We can see the rise and fall and rise of Mackenzie Phillips. We can see Pat Harrington Jr. before ... wait, what's he up to now?

Ilove70'stv

Funny, Mackenzie's "problems" seem to continue all these years later. I heard she had to pull out of the tour of "Annie" (I think she's playing the owner of the orphanage) because she's not the "clean and sober" poster child she claims to be. Too bad--hope she can finally kick her habits.

May 18 2006 at 7:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marcia Kamien

Loved One Day at a Time. Kate and Allie was really funny, remember? And (sigh) The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd. That was SO well-written and well-acted. Why don't they put THAT on DVD? Blair Brown was wonderful.

May 16 2006 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim Goral

I'll admit I used to watch this too, mostly to check out V.B. because she was a babe.
What drove me nuts was her incessant mugging for the camera. No subtleties there, boy. You wanted happy, you got an ear to ear grin. Sad? A big pouty face. Thoughtful? Severly wrinkled brow, pursed lips... Aye Carumba!
Despite this, she became a fine actress.

May 16 2006 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KMF

Yes! I grew up on One Day At A Time, and I miss it. Great TV Guide cover too!

May 16 2006 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ram

Now I know who Katherine McPhee of Idol reminds me of! Valerie Bertinelli! Thanks for re-running the TV Guide cover

May 16 2006 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply