July 24, 2014

Veronica Mars & One Tree Hill renewed... Everwood CANCELED

by Anna Johns, posted May 16th 2006 5:13PM
veronica marsTV Guide is reporting that Veronica Mars just got renewed for a third season. According to creator Rob Thomas, The CW is picking up Mars for 22 episodes, with an agreement that if ratings are bad, it'll drop back to 13 episodes.

Also from TV Guide, word that One Tree Hill is renewed but Everwood is canceled. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

[Thanks to tipsters Ashley & Peter!]

Michelle

OTH is the best show.. you guys dont know what ur talking about.. everwood sucked, but VM is also a great great show I hope that keeps on for the 22 episodes!! =)

June 11 2006 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dennis

Katharine McPhee should guest star on Smallville as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince and Charisma Carpenter should portray Wonder Woman/Diana Prince in the up coming feature film. All these gals need are blue eye contacts.

June 09 2006 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allison

One Tree Hill is the best show ever created. Everwood? i've never watched that show in my life and either has any of my family/friends. So all my thanks to the CW for renewing One Tree Hill =]

June 06 2006 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sduvall

Please reconsider the cancellation of Everwood. It is a great show with great characters. It still has lots of room to grow with it characters.
posted 10:31pm by sduvall

June 05 2006 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jann Meyer

I also am very disappointed that CW is cancelling Everwood. I really enjoyed the show. It was missed when it went on Hiatius. I enjoyed 7th Heaven, but, we had the series finale. I'm done, I resigned to the fact that it was over. You are just going to be beating a dead horse. How are they going to come back from the series finale. Should be interesting, I'll have to find out from somebody else. I wont be watching.

May 31 2006 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elvera

Everwood is by far the best show on television, on any station. The writing, acting, storylines are just unbeatable. My husband and I never watched the same shows on television until Everwood came along. I started watching it first, and then he got interested. This is classy, quality television, not crap like some of the other shows that have been renewed for the fall line up.We Have fallen in love with the characters and can't wait to find out from week to week, what will happen. There is still so much story to be told with Everwood.I liked 7th Heaven, but it is well past it's prime, it had gotten stale and boring!!Please, Please, Please save Everwood!! What does it say about our society when quality, well written show s like Everwood are cancelled and shows like Beauty and the Geek stay on the air? C'mon, now!! Everwood was one show that families could sit down together and relate, to. Please don't take that away from us. Everwood had it all, warmth, humor, drama, no other show on television can make that claim!!

May 26 2006 at 10:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cath

I am glad to see all my calling to the station and writing to their website was not in vain. VERONICA will return. Thank you, thank you, thank you, etc. But 7th Heaven returning? Was still watching it because I thought it was the series finale. But won't continue to watch. Story lines are getting too boring and absurd!

May 24 2006 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

I don't understand how One Tree Hill can be renewed, but Everwood will be cancelled. Everwood appeals to teens and adults alike, but One Tree Hill is a teen soap opera, just like the O.C. It just goes to show that quantity wins over quality every time! SAVE EVERWOOD!!

May 22 2006 at 11:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

For those interested in helping to save Everwood, please go here:

May 20 2006 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emily

I'm thrilled that One Tree Hill has been picked up for a 4th season. I'm completely in love with the show and considering it's the one the only shows I care to watch on TV I'd probably die if it had been cancelled.

I love Everwood as well, it's a shame to see it go but this past season in my opinion has sucked.

May 20 2006 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply