April 20, 2014

Scrubs: My Transition (finale)

by Chris Thilk, posted May 17th 2006 11:42AM
(S05E24) We pick up right where we left off in the last episode. J.D. is celebrating the arrival of Spring and all the things that go with it, including the annual appearance of Dr. Kelso in shorts, showing off his surprisingly youthful and muscular legs. He'll show off his amazing vertical leap at a baby shower Elliot throws for Turk and Carla in the hospital cafeteria later on. At the shower Dr. Cox and Jordan give all their old baby toys and equipment to the couple since they don't need it anymore.

Perry and Jordan are thrilled that their son Jack is growing up. In fact, he just hit a milestone that's imporant in the life of any parent - he pooped in the potty. They're both happy that he's getting older and they don't have to deal with all those baby issues. Of course this is all just a setup for the revelation that Jordan is once again pregnant. Neither of them are thrilled with that. They only begin to come around when Turk and Carla show up later to bring back the baby stuff they had given them. Carla and Turk talking about expecting a baby makes Perry and Jordan start to remember some of Jack's babyhood and they start to think they can do it again.

J.D. meanwhile is planning his first date with Dr. Briggs. After Elliot kills his initial plan of taking her to the mall food court, J.D. decides on a horseback ride on the beach. Unfortunately for him he doesn't use a saddle on his horse, a decision he regrets as the rubber meets the road, so to speak. His injuries mean Briggs has to examine crotchular-area for possible damage. Despite that the relationship continues to build, but is complicated by the fact that Elliot and Kim are becoming good friends. One night, when he thinks the two girls are at a Neil Diamond concert, J.D. goes to hang out on his porch. (Side note: The porch has apparently become a popular meeting place for the gay crowd. This was hilarious.) Kim and Elliot surprise him there, though. Elliot says she decided to take Keith and J.D. and Kim just hang out on the porch, surrounded by other (gay) couples on the lawn.

I'm not going to reveal the shock ending but let's just say my wife didn't stop saying "WHAT!" for about a half hour. Again, this was one of the series' best episodes and very much true to the Scrubs form. Highlights:

• Keith eating baby food at the shower and guessing the flavor is "cabdriver feet."
  • J.D. assuring Kim his one enlarged testicle is a pre-existing condition.
  • "Elliot Reid - Moment Killer."
  • Jordan squeezing her enlarged boobs. That alone might earn this "Save until I delete" status on my TiVo.
  • J.D. describing an appletini as a straight-guy drink.

Internet marketing

I cant wait to see season 6, i just hope they carry on making it, In U.K we are on season 4

December 18 2006 at 4:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom Cahill

Alright Gwin and Destin, the point of the laugh wasn't to be an homage to the Simpsons, it was to make fun of Dr. Kelso for trying to be hip for pointing it out like it was an homage. I also hope that it's not JD's baby. Even though the writers have gone out of their way to make Elliot a turn-off, you have to assume that JD will end up with her, and before its all said and done JD has to sleep with Heather Graham.

November 18 2006 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex

Elizabeth banks isn't jordan. Christa miller is, you should know if you have 5 seasons.

August 07 2006 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachael

I gotta say.. I love this series and cant wait to see how the next episode... please please please let there be a new series!!! I think its got funnier and funnier each year and I'm the proud owner of all 5 seasons lol. Dont dog on Elizabeth Banks.. I love her character Jordan. I especially like the episode in season 5 ( i think?) when they showed the affects of " alchololism on the different ages" and Jordan's unconcious sitting upright in her chair.. classic stuff !

August 03 2006 at 1:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Destin

If that was supposed to be the Nelson laugh, then no one who works on Scrubs has ever seen The Simpsons. I rewound it twice to figure it out, and still didn't get it.

May 18 2006 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Asherbean

I suppose it's possible that she had been with someone else. Maybe her ex. I just can't imagine that the writers would want to go down this road with a new and potentially short-term character, particularly when there are so many other interesting storylines to explore next season, e.g. Turk & Carla's baby, Jordan & Cox's baby, Elliot & Keith, how everyone around JD is moving forward... It just seems so unnecessary to go there. I think we're being set up and have a feeling this will be resolved within the first ten minutes of the season premiere.

May 17 2006 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gwin

Scott - thanks. It didn't really sound like a laugh to me for some reason.

May 17 2006 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kev

i'm guessing that the sixth season will my the last season for this show. Does anyone else agrees with me????

May 17 2006 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

Hey Gwin, Dr. Kelso said the simpsons thing because Turk and Carla did the Nelson Ha ha laugh

May 17 2006 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
song

because of the scrubs ending, does this mean that there will be more cast added to roster or maybe just take on a sorta side role like jordan? (i.e. only appearing every so often in some scenes)

May 17 2006 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply