April 17, 2014

Note to self: Don't eat while watching CSI

by Anna Johns, posted May 19th 2006 12:06PM
csi; marg helgenberger; william petersonI am so embarrassed to admit that I do this every week. I don't watch CSI on Thursday nights because I don't care about it enough to catch it as soon as it airs (unlike Lost). I usually flip on the television during lunch or breakfast and watch whatever was recorded the night before. Inevitably, every Friday, I casually turn on CSI while I'm eating a meal. And, about 10-15 minutes into the show, I lose my appetite. This morning, I was eating Frosted Mini-Wheats (because I'm an adult) and looking at a severed head. Actually, it was a body without a head. A nice, bloody close-up. Guess what? The rest of my cereal went into the garbage disposal. Will I ever learn? Sadly, I don't think I will.

Dan Chichian

On the topic of gross out I think the House finale has
tied if not beaten CSI on the grossout meter this season. First the tongue, then the exploding eyeball, exploding testicle, and the surgury all beat out my worst CSI moment when Nick had a victim's eyeball on the end of a needle. I have been a CSI fan since the pilot and I learned to never watch while eating: cottage cheese, red or lime jello, and if I ate hotdogs the Thanksgiving ep would have cured me of that!

May 24 2006 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dpinthought

Please, please, please!!!!

Let that final scene be nothing but a dream in Sara's mind!!!

The only woman who can bring Grissom's passion to the surface is Lady Heather. It wouldn't matter where she is, or what state of mind she's in, they bring fire to the screen more than any other couple on television. And they haven't even had a physical relationship!

What on EARTH could the writers be thinking????

CSI-Las Vegas is by far one of the best shows on television. That last scene no where near lives up to the usual high caliber show that CSI is! WHAT are the producers thinking??

If this is where the show is going, it's definitely OFF my TV schedule!

May 21 2006 at 10:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Payne

I think CSI is one of the best shows I have seen on TV in a very long time. I am glad that Gil and Sara are together. She may not be the most beautiful woman in the world but Gil does not look for that . He is one that I believe looks for other stuff to go by. I admire him for taking Sara ove Catherine. To me, since Catherine got promoted she has become very stuck up and don't think anyone is better than her. I will contine to watch CSI as long as it runs and also NCSI, CSI NY. these are the only reason That I watch tv at night.

May 21 2006 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Skylar

Way to go Sarah Goldfinger and writers at CSI. Way to turn off the fans who wanted no ship or were shippers of Gil or Sara with anyone but each other.

And way to do it with the impeccable timing of the announcement that Grey's Anatomy is moving to face-off against CSI next fall.

With that end scene, I'm seeing myself watching Greys and taping CSI, if I can remember to.

Way to go, CSI staff. You've turned off a live viewer. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

May 21 2006 at 1:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

I think we are meant to believe they've been together for a while. There have been hints for quite a while about Grissom and Sarah - nothing overt but clear hints. Personally I was hoping it would have been Catherine. Not only is she more age appropriate but I find Marg Helgenberger a lot sexier than Jorja Fox.

May 19 2006 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deborah

It's very, very disappointing to see Gil and Sara together. I really thought it would be Lady Heather. This man is so professional and sleeping with a subordinate is so unprofessional and out of character. I knew something was up during the episode as there was a softness to how they looked at each other, but still... yuck. We know she likes him, but he seemed to have put it all in the proper perspective.
And what was the point of Brass getting shot? To have his daughter show up and soften slightly when she saw the photo on his desk? Setting us up for next season?

May 19 2006 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Okay, I finally watched the episode and are we to believe Grissom and Sarah had been together all along? they were always shooting each other knowing glances and stuff all season. I'm confused.

May 19 2006 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ashley Boyd

Im always the same with Nip/Tuck. I tend to grab something during the second ad break, and then after that its often a surgery scene and im like "Why do I never learn...?"

May 19 2006 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

In the 80s "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" was on at Sunday at 7:00 p.m., primte dinner hour. And every episode, without fail, would be the medical marvels section, where they'd show the man with the largest intestines, or the man with the largest goiter, or something just disgusting. Jack Palance's heavy breathing certainly didn't make things any easier.

May 19 2006 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Chichian

I agree with you doc and Tripp. The last 60 seconds ruined an otherwise enjoable ep.

The flash gore doesn't bother me as much as some of the body cams. I think the worst for me was the eyeball scenes in the Third Reich ep.

May 19 2006 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply