October 1, 2014

What was the top-rated TV show the year you were born?

by Adam Finley, posted May 19th 2006 5:05PM

happy daysIt is my deeply-held belief that fun should never have any point whatsoever. Since I always get a kick out of those "this happened the year you were born" type things, I thought I'd ask our readers what the top-rated television series was the year you slipped from the womb to grace the world with your presence. You don't have to give the year, just tell us the TV show. Check out this link to help you determine which TV show it is. When I came to life, Happy Days was the big show of the time. I know I watched the show in reruns growing up, but maybe it affected me more than I realized. I do have a habit of punching machines like Fonzie does when they don't work. Well, actually it's more like "breaking them," but whatever. I can't deny the powerful influence of Happy Days.

timmy d

Did someone already answer this? A 5U4 is a rectifier.

... and you kids get off my lawn!

May 21 2006 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Anderson

60 minutes in 1979. If I was born a week later it would have been Dallas.

May 21 2006 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carolinemorgan

All in the family.

May 20 2006 at 11:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Bonanza, Bewitched and Gomer Pyle! I never watched Bonanza that much but I loved the reruns of Bewitched when I was older. I wanted to be Tabitha.

May 20 2006 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

"Gunsmoke".7 of the top 10 shows were Westerns!

May 20 2006 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

60 Minutes for me!

May 20 2006 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blah

Cosby Show.

Tells ya how young I am.

May 20 2006 at 12:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kris

Dum dee dee dum dee dee dum dee dee dum....BONANZA!!

May 19 2006 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike Watson

How bout dem Beverly Hillbillies, great show. I must admit I was a huge All in the Family fan. A few shows spun off of All in the Family, Maude and the Jeffersons to name a few.

May 19 2006 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wendell

Geez, I'm old. My first #1 TV show was "The $64,000 Question". That was the first year of the big money quiz shows and "$64K" knocked "I Love Lucy" out of first place. But looking at the next few years, no mega-quiz was #1 after that, and they all disappeared after "Twenty-One" popped into the Top 20 and the scandal broke. Oh, and the scandal-free "I've Got a Secret" and Groucho's "You Bet Your Life" were also in the Top 10.

May 19 2006 at 8:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply