November 26, 2014

Desperate Housewives: Remember (finale)

by Keith McDuffee, posted May 21st 2006 11:46PM
desperate housewives(S02E23) The thing I liked most about this finale was how what we've come to think was the "main mystery" of the season was really only a consequence of how early it started. Several lasting mysteries (for lack of a better term) were resolved or came into play significantly in this episode, some even likely running into next season.

Once again, let's quickly go over each family's main points from tonight:

The Young family: Zach's now at least a multi-millionaire, and Paul's looking at doing serious time for a murder that didn't happen. Doesn't Zach seem like he'd make a perfect evil rich overlord? I sense Paul will make it out of prison and come looking for his son, but then again, why would any of this really connect back with Wisteria Lane anyway? I guess it's one way of keeping Mary Alice connected in some way.

The Solis family: Oh, Carlos will be back, we all know that. Hey, I'm not saying what he did was right, but Gaby can't keep hating him for basically doing what she told him to. Or can she?

The Scavo family: I was sure hating Lynette for having made such important decisions about the kids without consulting Tom at all or even learning more about the situation. She really deserves one of these knee-jerk decisions to really, really bite her in the ass next season. Having Tom's one-time fling and "new" daughter nearby could provide some mild entertainment for next season, but I could see it getting old pretty quick. Will the mom skip town and leave the Scavos with her daughter to care for? Will she be another Wisteria Lane victim, causing the same thing to happen?

The Mayer family: I'll group Mike in with this story, too. So, Mike knows Orson from somewhere, likely from prison. Wait a minute ... Susan just happens to meet Orson in a movie theater and Mike knows him from somewhere. Meanwhile, Bree sees  the mysterious Orson in the psych hospital, who then later comes to her house for a date. Am I going crazy, or was this a crossover with Lost?

The Van De Kamp family: I was actually a little surprised that Bree's son didn't come up in this episode. I do have to wonder, now that she basically saved her daughter's life, if she'll be taken more seriously by her. Likely not, as this is Bree's child we're talking about.

The Applewhite family: A very cool twist that I didn't see coming. It all makes sense now, looking back at past episodes. The only thing that really seemed very far fetched was the SWAT team being deployed to the area from a simple 911 call, and without any sort of attempt at communicating with the shooter. That really felt like a cop out to me.

The flashbacks were definitely a treat and were well used to show how each family has developed in all these years. Seeing Rex, Bree and the interaction at the drugstore was all too creepy. One interesting thing of note was how absent Edie was from the episode. Didn't that seem odd?

Mike

It IS the same woman. Nora is the SAME woman from the episode prior to the finale. I re-watched it, thanks to free episodes on ABC.com. She is the same woman with the glass of wine through the window. Many have posted that it wasn't, but it is.
Loved the finale!

June 30 2006 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

OK, as far as Tom's fling goes, I also didn't think the Nora from the finale was the same woman 'with a glass of wine in a black dress' from the previous weeks episode. But I went back and watched it (For free until June 30th at ABC.com) IT IS THE SAME WOMAN/ACTRESS. It REALLY IS the same Nora in BOTH episodes.
If you don't believe me, it is right at the end of the 30th minute or beginning of 31st minute, you can see her clearly!!!

June 30 2006 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley Yeakey

I wanted everything to work out for Susan....did not like the hit and run thing....

June 02 2006 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TaraFromJersey

Ok so Mrs Huber is just a whackjob, altho she is smart, maybe she has a plot with Zack to get some money? Remember she was Noah's nurse? :::creepy music plays::: Also The creepy dentist has to have some other motive for running over poor mike, so he did some dental work in a prison, not a good enough reason to run someone down. Who is the twit Nora that Tom hooked up with. I'm sure its not the same woman, she looked Elegant(aka not a hippy) thru the window, looked likea nice house.. Do i see a coverup here? and why didn't Nora bring the daughter? Weird.. Gabby was right on throwing Carlos out,, I also loved the line about getting a Lease! Do you think the Asian Maid really was a virgin? Come on? I really thought Carlos was innocent, but alas he was just a low down dirty dog! As far as Carl having money, he is shacking up with Edie so he doesn't have to pay a Mortgage anyway? Loved the flashbacks to see how they all came to Wisteria Lane. Loved Susan's bad perm.. and Bree's controlling mannerisms. Gabby & Carlos the newlyweds was funny! And Poor Lynette with all those kids! Just a few thoughts, I can't wait til next season!! I

May 31 2006 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Here's my take on the dentist. He is really the freaked out pharmacist, which is why he is trying to get to Bree. Mike probably saw right through his disguise which must have been plastic of course, and Dr. Orson recognized this in Mike. We only think the pharmacist was dead, is my point. Take this scene for example, when Orson is in the psych ward. Wasn't his ex-fiance committed? Just curious. I can't wai till next season, as this show concumes my life on Sunday evenings. Let me know if you think any differently.

May 25 2006 at 1:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
muscleman

the best part of the finale was there was no site of that skank Edie Brit, I can't stomach that ridiculous caricature of a sex-pot, oh, that's Nicolette Sheridan I'm refering too! Imagine how depressed that attention-starved Sheridan felt being bumped from half the season and then the finale too!! love it

May 23 2006 at 11:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RON

One complaint I have yet to see; How much does the network think they can break up the continuity of new shows during the season to stretch it out? After the first of the year it was a crap shoot if I would be seeing a new episode, a rerun or the national academy of the dog and pony show?

The viewer base think of this as THEIR show, not the networks and if you take away their Sunday night ritual too often they will stray into more predictable ground

May 22 2006 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

OOOHHHHH- Love the idea the dentist, Orson, may be George's relative looking for revenge. The woman patient at the treatment center that he was "visiting" has no response to those around her- could be a cover- to get in with Bree. I agree this ditz girlfriend is not the one portrayed in the little "black dress and wine" that Tom snuck off to see.

May 22 2006 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrienne

Where is Edie?

May 22 2006 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Also... did anyone else notice how perfect the actor was playing young Andrew? He looked almost exactly like him, sneer and all.

May 22 2006 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply