April 20, 2014

CSI: Way To Go (finale)

by Jonathan Toomey, posted May 22nd 2006 5:13PM

CSI; Way to Go

(S06E24) I wasn't too excited about this episode mainly because I watched so few episodes this year. For whatever reason, this was the first season of CSI that didn't consistently hold my attention. This finale kept with that trend. It just wasn't that good. Especially when you consider how much they put into last year's two-hour Tarantino explosion. It was amazing. This one just felt like a regular episode.

Picking up where last week's cliffhanger left us, Brass has been shot in the right upper chest and he's rushed to the hospital where Grissom elects to have Brass go into surgery for the removal of the bullet. If you recall, Brass doesn't really have any family and he gave Grissom power of attorney over any medical decisions concerning Jim's life. Brass' estranged daughter Ellie (remember her? the recovering crack-head?) arrives after Grissom calls her up, but it seems she's more interested in her father's pension. She does come around near the end though, so she's not completely heartless.

In the meantime, the team looks into two different cases. One of them didn't really make an impact on me. It was just some guy who was dead in a hotel room. Lots of drugs. Lots of booze. Pretty standard stuff for Catherine and Warrick. Oh, now there's something. Last week we found out that Warrick and his wife aren't doing too well. So whatever happened to the potential romance between Catherine and Warrick? I know I missed a lot of episodes this season, but did that storyline get completely shelved? Fill me in if I'm off here.

The other case dealt with a dead Civil War re-enactor. Apparently he liked to get together with his buddies and pay homage to the Battle of Gettysburg right in the Vegas deserts. Sounds like fun? Not really. This was guy was hardcore though. He wore a corset all his life and had a 19-inch waist. His body looked like an hourglass when Nick and Grissom found him decapitated on some train tracks. That wasn't what killed him though. A bullet in the head took him down after he challenged a fellow war buff to a duel. He even slapped him with his white glove.

After the surgery, Brass pulls through. Everyone is happy. It's how the episode ended that left me asking questions. Grissom was lying in bed talking about how he'd like to die. He wants cancer so he has time to plan out and enjoy his last few months. At first I thought he was talking to himself... which I wouldn't put past Gil. But then Sara walked out of the bathroom wearing a white silk bathrobe! When did these two start getting together? I know it's always been there, Sara having the giant crush on Grissom and all. That was let out of the bag a few seasons ago. Seems like they both finally realized that life is short. I guess that's where the title came from though. Way to go Gil.

Becky

I was on the edge of the seat, when Sara went missing. When I found out that the mini killer toke Sara and left her to dead under a car. When Grissom said "He had feelings her her" in front of everybody, I was choted up. Everbody sore of steered at each other. And when I found out that the killer was a girl, I was speechless. And I can't wait to see the conclusion, so I know if Sara will survive. If Sara don't survive, I will be heartbroken, because Sara is my favorite CSI character. But I also think that Nick and Greg are the cutest on the show. I hope they do another season.

August 26 2007 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laura

i like the way that csi ended,i am happy that brass is alive and that grissom and sarah are together i think that they deserve to be together because the way they look at each other from across the table you can tell that theirs romance between them it hes been happening for ages the way that they flirt.i think that they've been sleeping together for ages the way that they were so comfortable with each other when she came out of the bathroom in a robe, and the way they just looked at each other at the end. and in the begining of the new series when grissom got sarah a sandwich and the way they looked at each.i would be happy if their romance continued they deserve each other.

February 17 2007 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laura

I think that sarah and grissom have been sleeping together for quite a long time because why would sarah or grissom take their robe over their house if they just started sleeping together it must have been left their on purpose meaning that they've been doing it for ages.i think this is a good thing because they've been flirting with each other for ages and they deserve to be together because the way they look at each other across the table you can tell its love. i don't think they should brake up because i won't watch it anymore they deserveeach other

February 17 2007 at 10:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sherri

Grissom & Sarah getting together is like Mulder & Scully getting together - it totally ruins the show for me. I might have dealt if it had happened in the beginning, even though I would have had ethical issues with it. But Sarah's reaction when she was turned down initially? I know 14 year olds with more maturity and it lost me a lot of respect for Grissom that he still found her attractive after that. To say nothing of the fact that this will rip the team apart. I mean, the idea that they MIGHT have a relationship has done damage in the past (example: Nick and Sarah going for the same promotion - had Nick not been really mature about it, it would have gotten bad). Oh, and in answer to the question asked a few times? Yes, I would be just as disgusted if Grissom and Catherine got together. You don't eat where you **** people! And if they play this even a LITTLE realistically, this relationship will be over in like - two months tops. Attraction just ain't enough when two people are as different as Sarah & Grissom.
Short form? I see bad tings coming. I am seriously considering not watching it any more because I want to leave it with happy memories...

August 07 2006 at 3:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dani

Well, I'm sure someone has mentioned this before... but just because Sara is in a silk robe in his bathroom doesn't neccasarily mean she slept with him.

Yeah yeah... wishful thinking perhaps? But you know, she could have some real problems at home... I mean.. we've had to stay at someone's house coz' our water pump fried... Maybe they're casually together, and she just needed to stay the night.

I have been itching for this to happen, mostly because I was confused at one point if they were trying a triangle with Grissom, Greg and Sara... then... yeah..

But I still stand by it... we didn't SEE them having sex, therefore, couldn't it be possible that they haven't had sex?

Besides... they are grown adults... and although it may cause trouble with their jobs... it doesn't make Grissom a slimeball.. just that he finally decided to cave in on his feelings instead of being a cold dead guy...

but alas... we are ALL entitled to our opinion... and I have given my piece.. and I'd love to see what you all think.. write me...

(I haven't seen the episode sadly... my flat mates tend to want to make me social.. and it involves leaving the house... but I have read up on the summaries, so I know generally what happens)

August 03 2006 at 12:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
emma

i think that this episode was okay. but thats about it really.

i think that it was totally out of character for grissom at the end. but what if they made it out of character for a purpose, to almost change grissoms character alittle bit? to make him more emotional, and less of a loner. not that i think the sudden character change would be good this late in the show, after 6-7 years you build a liking to characters, you know their personality, you can understand why they react to things the way they do, but change someone, and that suddenly changes.
i think that if they are changing his chaacter alittle, then they shouldnt, because his personality suits him:
a bug scientist who is addicted to work, is almost emotionally unstable and cant really hold a proper relationship.

and as for him and catherine, not a good mix.

July 21 2006 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toka Kishimato

I don't know what kind of people are in here! I LOVED the season finale and the gil/sara ending. Those who watch CSI and then come on these sites to bash the characters shouldn't watch CSI at all! This is the only site that I found that was dissapointed about the finale.(Not including those who like GSR)Why don't you people watch preschool shows if you don't want to see some lovin'! People are entitled to their own opinions but do the bashing somewhere else! Say you're dissapointed and leave it at that, don't write a bloody essay about why.

June 23 2006 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Black

As a personal insight. William Peterson has been talking about leaving the show for a long period. The Grissom/Sara ending gives him the perfect opportunity to retire and leave the show. If the romance becomes known to the rest of the CSI team (I.E. Ecklie) one of the characters will either be forced to quite or the romance will have to end. Wether or not this happens is yet to be seen. As far as the rest of the finale.. It was sub par and not particularly interesting. As a big fan, that was a disappointment.

June 23 2006 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

i think C.S.I. is awsome

June 15 2006 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jackie

Yes, the season finale didn't go the way I thought it would, but I wouldn't dismiss my favorite show for the world. So what if it wasn't as good as some previous season finales...does that warrant a "I am never going to watch the show again" attitude? I don't think it should. And the whole Grissom/Siedle thing has been long overdue. I've been expecting to see that since the very first season. So to be appalled by it would be stupid. I say it's about time. And I for one will be watching season seven. I can't wait to see what they come up with next....

June 07 2006 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply