September 2, 2014

CSI: Miami - One of Our Own (finale)

by Jonathan Toomey, posted May 23rd 2006 10:46AM

CSI Miami; Horatio Caine and Marisol Delko(S04E25) Well this was easily the best of the three CSI season finales this year. It answered all the lingering questions (mainly, the mole) and it was coupled with one pretty intense case (finding the jerk who ordered the hit on Marisol). On top of that, it had so many twists and turns that I'll be impressed with myself if I remember them all as I write this up.

It's been at least a few weeks since last week's episode ended. Marisol has been buried and Horatio, with the help of Delko, continues to search for Antonio Riaz. They finally get a break when about half a dozen Mala Noche gang members are found brutally shot. Unfortunately, Riaz wasn't one of them. While investigating the scene, Jessop triggered a grenade wired inside of a barbeque grill. The blast launched him nearly to the other side of the swimming pool. Alexx pronounced him minutes later. I'm really not sure what the point of killing Jessop was, other than shock value. Well... I was shocked.

Horatio was able to trace the signature of the grenade to one of the Noche's soldiers. He didn't have much to say though. From here on out, the episode got pretty confusing. On a blind tip, the Feds show up and lock the lab down. Everyone is interrogated regarding missing funds from the bust on Star Island from last week's episode. First they made you think the mole was Valera. Then they made you think it was Cooper. Finally though, Natalia just came out and told Delko she was mole. It was incredibly anti-climactic. At first I couldn't figure out why, but it made sense later.

After questioning some more thugs, Horatio and Delko got some security tapes from local banks because they heard Riaz was doing business in the parking lots. In one of the tapes, Marisol was buying something from Riaz. The guy had been selling marijuana to sick people. Then he found out that Marisol's brother was a cop. And then the deal got even sweeter when he found out that Marisol was dating a cop that had been green-lit for a hit. Remember, the Noches have had it out for Horatio since the season premiere. Eventually, they catch up with Riaz at an airport before he shot a plane down. Again, there's more to this.

Back at the lab, Calleigh realizes that her friend Peter from Treasury was the last person to handle the money. So for a brief minute, you were led to believe that Peter was the bad seed. But then Calleigh spoke with Natalia, who said that she was the mole but she had only been passing on positive feedback to the Feds. She hadn't been selling out the lab for one second. That's when it all clicked. Peter's fiancé, the D.A., had been out to get the lab for some time. She snagged the extra bills when Peter wasn't looking and then tipped the Feds herself. She was determined to bring the lab down. Peter and Calleigh set her up and got the whole confession on tape. Now I wonder if this means if we'll see those two reconnect next season?

Oh here's a random question. The first time we found out there was a mole was back when Erica (that nosy reporter) told Wolfe about it on the beach. But if Natalia was only passing on good info (and nothing incriminating) to the feds, then why would Erica have found out about the mole at all? Am I crazy or does that seem a little inconsistent?

The episode ended with Horatio and Delko visiting Marisol's grave. A Fed shows up to let them know that Riaz is being deported to Brazil. He cut a deal and gave up a terrorist cell to stand trial in Brazil. Of course, once he gets to Brazil, he'll never stand trial. He'll get away. The Feds leave with Riaz and this exchange between Delko and Horatio took place:

Delko: This is on us now H.

Horatio: I know Eric. We're going to Brazil.

Now that's just a fantastic cliffhanger if you ask me. I apologize for how jumbled this recap seems. For those that did see it, way too much happened. But it was done well. I look forward to seeing what happens in Brazil, as well as what Natalia's future role in the lab will be. Even if she meant well, she still ticked a lot of people off.

Kissa

Ok, this show is getting out of control! First they kill Speed whom I LOVED then they made Wolfe switch sides to work as a reporter, then they made that guy that Callie loved shoot himself now Alex is gone? Is anyone else starting to get really irritated about all this or is it just me? How can they have an prayer of keep fans if they keep killing all the characters we've grown accustomed to or making them into moles or somthing equally dumb? This is absolutely annoying and sloppy. Are they out of ideas so badly? WTF man? If I as a writer go through and killed all the characters my readers enjoy so much then they will stop watching! Doesn't these bone heads get it?

May 08 2008 at 11:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

Here is INFO on the seasoon's first episode[below]... the promo on CBS looks awesome. (go to http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_miami/ then click on "Watch a video preview" eventhough it promotes the season finale promo, it will show you the video promo for the season's first episode)

In pursuit of Marisol's killer, Horatio and Delko go to Brazil to avenge her death.

Horatio and Delko fly to Brazil to find the man responsible for Marisol's death. The search, however, is paused by Horatio's family troubles.

September 06 2006 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ivette

I really hope that in their travel to Brazil, Horatio hooks up with Sophia Milos again. The chemistry between them was nice.

September 03 2006 at 1:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Caruso

Well... I just read some of theese comments, on a link my mannager told me to look at. Personally I think I am good at what I do, and if I were not, then tell me why am I where I am today? If you do not care for me on the show, talk to the 85 million other viewers, or try actually watching an episode, instead of skimming through it.

August 13 2006 at 8:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suckie, Rio de Janeiro- Brasil

Your comments: Your comments: I just love H. - David Caruso. He was here in Rio, and was great to know he was around recording one of the best series for me. I also watch the other CSIs , but for me the best is
Miami. I love Alexx she is great, findind details that matters with a very special way of talking about the dead people - this one has lots to tell. The only bad thing is that here in Brasil we are only now going thru the end of this season. But I keep reading news about it on the net. I hope to have season 4,5,6,7,8..

July 27 2006 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suckie, Rio de Janeiro- Brasil

know he was around recording one of the best series for me. I also watch the other CSIs‚ but for me the best is Miami. I love Alexx she is great, findinf details that matters with a very special way of talking about the dead people - this one has a lot to tell. The only bad thing is that here in Brasil
we are only now going thru the end of this season. But I keep
reading news about it on the net. I hope to have season
4,5,6,7,8.....

July 27 2006 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suckie, Rio de Janeiro- Brasil

I just love H. - David Caruso. He was here in Rio, and was great to know he was around recording one of the best series I´ve ever seen. I also watch the other CSI´s but for me the best is Miami. I love Alexx she is great. The only bad thing is that here in Brasil we´re only now going thru the end of this season. But I keep reading news about it on the net. I hope to have season 4,5,6,7,8.....

July 27 2006 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

for whoever is interested, i found this info for the season premiere.

July 19 2006 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jon baba

don't be surprised if delko, get's fired or killed
off this new season. also with horactio and delko
going to brazil on the first episode of the new season.
emily (calleigh) who i love, i believe should start to ween herslf off he showand explorer new projects and family life (she one of my best friends).

July 14 2006 at 2:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lia

Ya!! I just want Horatio to be Happy!!!Comon people. It's Sucks that Marisol is dead:( Hoatio seems sometime been lonley:d I like a story that he finds out he have a long lost daughter from europe:D Well maybe it's just me like that story:P next caine generations:P I just hope that it wil be on season 5:D when he come from brazil:P can we send e-mail to CBS? just wondering send e a e-mail that who like my story. not_girlfriend@hotmail.com

June 21 2006 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply