September 30, 2014

Dixie Chicks slam The View

by Adam Finley, posted May 23rd 2006 4:03PM
dixie chicksAh, now it's on, bee-otch! You may be able to get away with insulting the President, but no one talks smack about The View. Wait, what am I saying? Everyone talks smack about The View. It's incredibly talk-smackable, or smack-talkable, or whatever. Anyway, I missed this morning's episode because I was busy engaging in one of forty million other activities I enjoy instead of watching that particular yakfest, but apparently the ladies took some objection to a comment one of the Dixie Chicks made to Newsweek. One member stated, "Would Bruce do The View?" referring to Bruce Springsteen and his career path, which the Dixie Chicks hope to emulate. I'm not sure which is stranger to me, their attack on The View or that they actually think they're in the same league as Bruce Springsteen.

Laurie

To Chris in Cincinnati:

Before you start a comment with the word STUPID, keep this in mind:
Your post...
1. Stupid chicks, you go to were you're fanbase is, and thier fanbase watches the View

Grammatically correct version...
Stupid chicks, you go to WHERE YOUR FAN BASE is, and THEIR FAN BASE watches The View.

Oddly, even with the correction your sentence makes no fricking sense. I'm surprised you can spell your hometown correctly, all those tricky n's. You know what Momma always said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

May 30 2006 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Price

As a PROUD AMERICAN, I too believe in the right of free speech-The Dixie Chicks have that right as well as anybody does in this great country of FREEDOM.My problem is, if you are going to perform out of country,walk out and make Political comments about YOUR President,whether you agree with him or not....well, than you have to be able to take the criticism coming your way! After all, The GOOFY BLONDE brought in on,and now she has to equally take it! Of course the new cd has a song titled,"Not ready to make nice" which just fuels the fire all the more....so YOU deserve what you get! get a Life Ditsy Chick, and do what you can and are good at-singing! Jim price-Spokane,WA.

May 29 2006 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lydia

anyone in their position could have called a press conference and then expressed their views. without the rude flippant imature and "ungreatful" attitude. attacking others in the world or in our country or in our former home towns serves no purpose and makes them part of a problem rather than part of the solution.
unless they want to name the album: taking the rude way.

May 29 2006 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debbie austin

ITs sad that these gals opened a big bag bs. so just let them suffer what ever!

May 28 2006 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Hathcock

These "people" should remember where they came from. They also need to change thier name. The south loves this country. They should call themselves the Moscow Chicks. I hope they go totally away. I'm feed-up with this group of idiots. Do not buy anything with the Dixie Chicks connection.

May 27 2006 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tiff

opinions are like what !%&$#^&%^*I'd say get a life but, i'm doing this too. Just stop being so ugly. We have enough hate that fuels this nation and we all know hate breeds ignorance. Just look at all the prior posts. What is this romper room?

May 26 2006 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KSC

Hey Pat (#1528),
"Bush made a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes. If he would have owned up to it America would have stood behind him but no he tried to make it look right." Is that like smoking pot--but not inhaling--is owning up to things? Is that like, getting a "Bl*w J*b" isn't sex?

May 26 2006 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amber

The dixie chicks, let me think........The dixi chicks have every right to change their minds and take back what they say and do just like every other person in the world does. How could anyone feel that the dixi chicks voice their opinions to sell more records when they were number one on the charts before they started to voice their opinions so honestly and to tell the truth that is why we live in america it is called "freedom of speech" not "say what everyone is going to agree with" because the truth is not everyone will agree on views and decisions made.

May 26 2006 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chuckotogo

Dixie Chicks: Why don't you go back overseas and do your mouthing off. Keep watching your fanbase dwindle.

Thank God that we have heros and Warriors fighting for our rights...and the rights for the Dixie has beens to spill their diatribes.

Maj. Chuck USMCR-Retired

May 26 2006 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
April Schank

First of all, I love the DC's music. I do not necessarily agree with all that they say, but who cares? They are taking the heat pretty well, and I commend them for continuing to express their thoughts regardless of record sales or country music radio banning. I think they will continue to dominate, regardless of their words. They are phenomenal musicians. People act like no one else in Hollywood ever has a harsh word to say. Seems like they are targeted since the Bush incident (which I still don't get, considering 80% of America now feels the same).

I don't care for the way that they said "would Bruce do the View?" But, I think that they were merely referencing him as their idol. So for all the haters, let's keep in mind that the "Boss" has backed up the Chicks and their statments before and they have done concerts together......pinning them and their music against one another is ironic. Also, throwing in your unsupportive ideas of EITHER of their music is completely irrelevant to this situation. She DID follow up with the comment, "not that we are of (Springsteen's) caliber," so lay off.

What IS relevant? Well, the fact that The View is absolutely terrible. I can't take 30 seconds of listening to those women babble and argue over each other. Those women are the MOST opinionated women ever, and for them to take offense to something that the DC's said is completely hipocritical! I just wish that the Chicks would have said something more along the lines of "No way will we do a show with that group of women--all they do is sit around on their supposed-high horses b*tching and moaning about everyone else."

Lastly, it does look strange that the DC's once went on The View in the beginning of their career, but my guess is that someone else was running their career at that point. They, most likely, had to take every TV opportunity they would get. Now, they can make those choices for themselves.

May 26 2006 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply