Katharine Vs. Taylor

by Anna Johns, posted May 23rd 2006 11:09AM
taylor hicks; katharine mcpheeWell, it all comes down to tonight. If you believe the promos that FOX has been playing, tonight's final battle on American Idol is the contest of "the century". Who should win? The weirdo with the tics or the beautiful brunette with significantly less personality? This columnist in The Boston Herald says it's Taylor all the way.

Let's get it on...

Taylor Hicks

In his favor: This is one unique cat. Taylor definitely has talent-- he can sing and write. He's already a character who's been parodied on SNL. He has a great, positive attitude. He's the real deal.

Against him: He may just be a little too weird, ya know? The dude is quirky and fun and prematurely grey, but is he really an American Idol? He may be a novelty who is finally starting to wear thin.

Katharine McPhee

In her favor:  The girl is cute and has mass market appeal. She's not afraid to show of her gazongas or her legs. She has a terrific voice and a sweet disposition.

Against her:  In Taylor's shadow, she is simply uninteresting. She would disappear in the crowd of other twenty-something pop stars already polluting the airwaves.

Who deserves to win?

noel

good luck taylor i hope you win and know you will you have done great since you stepped on stage just have fun tonight and win it

May 24 2006 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
noel

good luck taylor but i dont think you need it i think you are going to win it took me 1.5 hours to get through the phone line to vote for you so that is good news so i wish you the best and you are the best give it your all and you will have fun and win

May 24 2006 at 7:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
richard6005@aol.com

Nice picture of the both of them. One winner
Taylor, Taylor, Taylor !!!!

May 24 2006 at 5:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duane

I dont see a single comment (in the first 20, at least) that say Katharine should win. This is going to be the biggest blowout since Fantasia since that DiGarmo girl.

D

May 23 2006 at 10:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rene

I think neither of them have much star quality seeing as how neither can sing worth a damn. I can sing better than both of them put together they have arrangements that blow and most of the time they r off key sorry but my winner left the show.So what do I care who wins,Go Taylor!!!!!!!!!

May 23 2006 at 9:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melinda

I LOVE TAYLOR. He makes me smile and he's so fun to watch...Love him.
I'm rooting for you Taylor...
No, I know he won't be reading this..

May 23 2006 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Moddy"Soul Patrol"

Taylor is a entertainer.Kat is a singer.The question is do you care more about the voice or being entertained?The thing that makes American Idol fun is that you can see these average every day folks like you and I walk off from the street and get a ticket to Hollywood to be the next singing sensation.Do our votes really count?Yes and no,well truth be told some people are going to be happy,some people are going to be mad,and others just could'nt give a rat.We must also understand that these contestants are amtatures starting out that need to be molded.They have come along way,but they still have alot of hard work ahead of them if they want to make it in the music industry and try not to become another"flavor of the month".Kelly Clarkson has proved she's not just another one hit wonder.Will you buy any of the contestants cd's when they are released?I would like a copy of Kat's Somewhere over the rainbow,the best I have heard since Judy Garland.And because I am so smitten with Talyor anything from him(except country,that was just wrong).Will we be saying Taylor or Katherine who? come next season?

May 23 2006 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicki

In what way is Taylor entertaining?

Now personally, I find American Idol revolting and refuse to watch, but seeing Taylor has been unavoidable lately, and I must say, he's incredibly loathesome.

Then again, the show is absolute crap, to be honest, I'm not sure I'd actually want anyone decent to win.

May 23 2006 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T

Joe T: just propose to the Stepford Princess already!!!

Kira's right...sweet....HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like dawnie points out, she's "sweet" until someone questions the quality of her sugar. Frankly, Kat...you make diabetes look good to me!!

I'm sure I'll sprain both my wrists speed dialing for Taylor tonight, but I consider it a public service. After all, if Kat loses that means there's one more princess out there who finally got her long due dosage of humility by not getting her way for once.

Maybe then she'll finally be able to sing with some emotion.

GO TAYLOR!!

TEAM HICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 23 2006 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe T

Jen -- "slug" is a term of art that describes my opinion that Chris' idea of singing is to basically shout and glare at the camera. Other than that, I wouldn't doubt he's a fine fellow. But since he's stolen your heart, I promise to never speak ill of him again :)

May 23 2006 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply