October 30, 2014

Where the hell has Ron Perlman been?

by Joel Keller, posted May 23rd 2006 9:41AM
Ron PerlmanWhen I was looking at the promos for the new ABC movie Stephen King's Desperation, I noticed that the evil Tak was being played by a familiar face: Ron Perlman. You remember Perlman, right? He's done a number of roles as the big lumbering thug on various TV shows, but he's probably best known as playing Vincent on the early-Nineties tearjerker series Beauty and the Beast. But, since some guest starring roles in the early 2000's, we haven't seen his face on TV. What has been doing? Well, he starred as the title character in the movie Hellboy and he's done small parts in various sci-fi movies. But mostly he's been doing voice work for cartoons and video games. Makes sense, since Perlman's got a fairly authoritative set of pipes on him. His IMDb profile goes over what has been a fairly busy period for Perlman.

Good to see him back on TV, though, in a significant role. I always liked him on Beast, except when he was furrily making out with Linda Hamilton. That was just wrong.

Marianne Nielsen

Hi! Oh! I just forgot to give him stars....he deserves six of them!

May 28 2006 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marianne Nielsen

I LOVE Ron as Vincent. Someone didn´t like it when he was "furrily" making out with Cath - e´r - Linda. To me, it´s quite alright. Vincent rocks!! More "Beauty & the Beast" would be great! I love his voice, his radiance. Charming guy, really!

May 28 2006 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nic

I saw him in Vancouver last week.

May 23 2006 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wassily

I enjoyed him in The City of Lost Children, a French movie directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (the director of Amelie).

May 23 2006 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TimUF

dont forget the hellboy movies, and lots of other big screen things, from the look of his imdb profile

May 23 2006 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply