October 23, 2014

Ask TV Squad: Justice Something?

by Richard Keller, posted May 24th 2006 9:53AM

in justice; justice deniedReader Jeannie Jacks wants to know the following:

I can't remember the exact name of the show, but I think it was "Justice Denied".  It came on Friday nights, 9:00 on ABC. What happened to it? All of a sudden it was gone!  I loved it because it showed just how screwed up our justice system really can be.

Jeannie, the name of the show was In Justice and it was a mid-season replacement for ABC this past winter. It starred Kyle MacLachlan (Twin Peaks, Sex in the City) as the head of the Oakland, California based National Justice Project. Their job was to revisit cases where they believed that the person found guilty and put and jail was actually innocent.

Unfortunately, despite the critical and public acclaim the show received, it was not picked up for the network's fall season. However, I'm sure the cast members aren't too disappointed, as many had already lined up other gigs even before the last show ended. For instance, MacLachlan had a recurring role on Desperate Housewives this past season, and Constance Zimmer, who portrayed Brianna, will be appearing in several episodes of HBO's Entourage in the upcoming season.

Sherri

"In Justice" was the only show worth watching on Friday nights. I thought it was great and wondered what happened to it. The premise of the show was fascinating and the actors were very convincing. Too bad the watchers don't get to vote on what gets cancelled.

June 04 2006 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARY

I LOVED IN JUSTICE AS WELL AS MANY OF MY FRIENDS. NOTHING ELSE IS ANY GOOD ON FRIDAY NIGHT. TOO BAD THEY KEEP THE BAD AND GET RID OF THE GOOD SHOWS.

June 02 2006 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

I'm another one who liked the show. In a world full of shows where the cops get everything right, and the prosecutors never make mistakes while defense attorneys are portrayed as being worse than the criminals they defend because the attorneys know that they're guilty and are just out for a big fee, "In Justice" served as a reminder that sometimes the cops and the prosecutors and the courts get it wrong.

May 25 2006 at 4:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

To bad I really liked the show. And it's was really getting good when they canned it. The writing for it was better than most dramam shows. Hell of a lot better than Conviction.

May 24 2006 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

I liked In Justice too. The episode with Erika Alexander (Living Single) was the best...easily one of the best shows I saw during the show's short run.

May 24 2006 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply