September 1, 2014

Classic Sesame Street on DVD in October

by Adam Finley, posted May 25th 2006 9:02PM
big birdSesame Workshop has apparently been toying with the idea of releasing a DVD set featuring classic moments from Sesame Street. While nothing official has been announced just yet, Muppet News Flash has been talking with Sesame Workshop, and the company says a "Sesame Street Nostalgia Box Set" may be out by October of this year. In other words, there's pretty much no information on what exactly will be included on the set, but at least we know it's on its way. If nothing else, I may purchase the set so I can relive that golden era I like to refer to as the "pre-Elmo" years. Those were good times.

Marc

With my first child on the way in October, the timing could not be better. Looking forward to it!

May 26 2006 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dvddesign

Are we all forgetting something?

What about the episode where the announced that Mr. Hooper had died. That episode, believe it or not, we the first time I recognized what death was.

May 26 2006 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake Cooper

I've been waiting 15 years for this! Biff and Sully, Super Grover, the falling chef, that episode where Maria ended up in Oscar's trash can, the grandpa and his daughter who made the stool out of a felled tree, the Tweedle Bugs, Guy Smiley, Cookie Monster trying to get that train up the mountain, Forgetful Jones...Yes!

May 26 2006 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Keller

You can get a tiny taste of classic Sesame Street through the 'Best of Electric Company' 4-CD set. Both Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch appear in cameos.

May 26 2006 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny Edwards

Mah Na Mah Na and Ladybug Picnic have to be on it. And the chef that falls down the steps. I'll definitely be getting this set.

May 25 2006 at 11:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply