October 23, 2014

FOX will get Sunny for a few days in June

by Adam Finley, posted May 25th 2006 7:05PM

It's Always Sunny in PhiladelphiaThree episodes of the FX series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will also air on FOX in an effort to attract more viewers to the comedy series. I assume one of the viewers they want to attract would be me, since I hadn't even heard of this series until recently. The episodes, which will probably be toned down somewhat for a network audience, will air for three consecutive Sundays right after Family Guy, starting June 11. The second season will debut on FX on June 29. Danny DeVito recently signed on as a cast member. Of course, running the same show on different networks within the same media conglomerate isn't anything new, but it's not a bad way to get turned on to shows you might not normally watch.

Gabe

it's always funny in philadelphia.

May 26 2006 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

alfreeland,

DeVito will be playing the father of Dennis and Dee. Dee is the girl, and Dennis is the guy to the right in the picture above.

Personally, I would have believed him as the father of Charlie, the guy in the front of the group wearing the green jacket.

Maybe he's only their father in name....

May 26 2006 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alfreeland

How is Devito going to fit in w/ the cast? I don't see it.

Can Michael Rosenbaum have another guest appearance? He was hot.

May 26 2006 at 5:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff

The show is in iTunes, but you'll have to pay. I think there were only six episodes last season so it won't be too much.

May 26 2006 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I've never heard of this show until recently. How can one get caught up on the first season?

May 25 2006 at 11:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

I hope you'll enjoy "It's Always Sunny...", Adam. For me, it was the best of the summer series that debuted last year.

I also think that it's the one sitcom that can truly claim to have learned from the feet of the Master of his Domain, and followed in the footsteps of 'Seinfeld'.

I hope you'll let us know what you think of it when you get a chance to catch up.

May 25 2006 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply