October 1, 2014

Jennifer Aniston stonewalls David Letterman

by Joel Keller, posted May 25th 2006 7:32AM
Jennifer Aniston on LettermanJennifer Aniston was on Letterman last night, in all her hot-pantsed, oiled-legged glory. During her appearance, Dave tried a couple of times to trick her into admitting that she's dating Vince Vaughn, sneaking in questions like "So what do you and Vince actually do on a date?" But Jen wouldn't budge, teasing the audience with a couple of "You know what?"s, making them think she might admit to something, then suddenly backing off.

Dave then rattled off a bunch of rumors, some real and some false, that he asked Jen to confirm or deny. Jen rolled with it, giving mockingly shocked responses to phony rumors like "She owns two white tigers." But the comedy was mostly on Dave's side, as he fumblingly drooled over Aniston's legs and tried to get her to admit to dating Vaughn (A video clip can be found here).

Jen did generate a laugh, though, when she recounted how a foreign reporter, playing on her new movie's name (The Break-Up), asked her what her worst break-up was. She just smiled and said she told the reporter, "You're kidding, right?" Nice to see her laugh over the whole "busted marriage/husband having kids in Africa with Angelina" thing (That clip can be found here, at least for today).

For her part, Jen was charming and accommodating. Not overly warm, but charming. Which makes me wonder: a) why is America so curious over how she conducts her life but b) won't go see or movies, or, apparently, stay married to her? Maybe you folks can let me know in the comments.

Swan

I am not going to make my comments longer than I have to... Yes, I agree Jennifer is the most boring celebrity ever. Her face is plastered all over magazines and websites. BORING!!!

July 19 2006 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley

I'm looking forward to seeing "The Breakup." Jen is just beautiful, and I'm not a Lesbian! I never was a fan of friends, never watched over a couple of times. I really thought Brad was and is a hunch, but I can't see it lasting with Angelina. She seems to have soooo many issues.

July 19 2006 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoAnne

If anyone has ever been though a divorce you know that you would rather keep your business to yourself. So what if she is a star it is no reason to cut her down for trying to keep her private life a secret. I am sure a lot of stars would like their life more secret. Lay off Jennifer.

July 19 2006 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Morgan

oh yes... i pity the newborn baby girl who is going to be gorgeous and be loved by many and travel the world and be filthy rich. i'm sure brad and angelina will never see her since you never see them with their other two kids... haaaaa. what a lucky little girl!

May 31 2006 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ErricZ

Sounds like some people are feeling a bit battered by Jen's issues -- maybe they harbor some of their own latent hostilities towards their own exes.

Jenn is cute, Angelina is Hot. Big difference there.

Awwwww, yes, let's feel bad for some celebrity who CHOSE to put themselves in the spotlight of the world.

May 31 2006 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley

So, "Mim" who posted that Aniston can't act and was acting all victimy about her divorce....what makes you such an authority.
Bottom line: Jennifer WAS classic betrayed wife.
Pitt was classic dog.
Jolie was classic tramp.

Aniston had a right to feel and act betrayed yet she has behaved with class, something her trailer-trash husband and his trailer-trash skank-ho know nothing about. Money and fame don't buy class...but what would Pitt/Jolie know about that?
I pity the newborn baby girl who has been born to such selfish parents.

May 28 2006 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

I loved her shoes on Letterman. Anybody know what brand they were, or a brand that makes a similar pair?

May 26 2006 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sara

The Aniston fans are rabidly against Angelina, which is a shame because she is twice the woman. Admit it, now brad and angelina are the hottest couple in the world. No way aniston can compete.
PS It is selfless to adopt a child. Its a lifelong commitment. And, without her they would be living in an orphanage with no one to tuck them in at night. :-(

May 25 2006 at 8:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zoey Castelino

I've never been a fan of Jennifer, and for the life of me I can't figure out why some people still are. As a writer, I've had to smile and pretend I care when I've done freelance pieces about her "horrible break-up".

Personally I think America - and the world - likes hearing about disasters, but it when it comes to actually paying to see a Jennifer Aniston movie, it's just not worth it.

Kind of sad when people think she has so much talent, yet her ONLY hit movie (as in film that grossed a ton of cash) was thanks to her co-star, Jim Carrey.

Truth be told, I think people are so-over the Friends craze and now see that Jen without Brad just isn't interesting...

May 25 2006 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TMCandiyams

Has anyone in the world ever questioned why Jennifer Aniston did not have children with her husband, who was quoted many times, stating he wanted to start a family. Everyone has compassion for her as being "the victim" but she could have very well been the villian inside that marriage. Brad Pitt divorced her and moved onward with Angelina Jolie, congratulations. You see she wasted no time in giving that man a biological child. Do not let her sweet and innocent appearance fool you because I would bet money on the fact she was not ready for a family after 4 years of marriage because building a film career was more important. Wonder if she wishes now that Nicole Kidman had taken that role in Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

May 25 2006 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply