April 18, 2014

No surprise: NBC moves Studio 60 to Mondays, makes other changes

by Joel Keller, posted May 25th 2006 3:05PM
NBC logoWell, this was bound to happen: NBC has decided to move their highly-anticipated new show, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, to Mondays in order to get it away from the daunting challenge of squaring off with both CSI and Grey's Anatomy.

Studio 60
will air at 10 PM on Mondays. This has set off a chain reaction of changes to the fall schedule, which was announced last week:
  • Law & Order: Criminal Intent will now air Tuesdays at 9.
  • Wednesdays will start with the sitcom combo of 20 Good Years and 30 Rock, followed by The Biggest Loser and Kidnapped.
  • Thursdays will kick off with Earl and The Office, followed by Deal or No Deal and ER.
  • Fridays will start with Crossing Jordan (returned from mid-season exile), followed by Las Vegas and the original Law & Order (that's right, L&O fans, the show will no longer be on Wednesdays).
  • Medium has been banished to mid-season; it joins Scrubs on the bench.
What do you think of the new schedule? Let us know in the comments.

[via The Futon Critic]

griff

who cares when things are on anymore? get off the couch, go out, have fun, play with your kids, enjoy yourselves, watch it on TIVO on YOUR time

July 10 2006 at 8:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Belgand

Glad to see that My Name is Earl is staying on Thursdays. When it launched on Tuesday nights opposite House I wanted to see it, but I decided to stick with a known (if incredibly formulaic) thing rather than be stuck in a battle between two shows I wanted to watch. Since finding out it moved to Thursdays at some point I've been able to reap the bounty of re-runs and know I won't miss out next season. Normally a dead night for me (I only got into CSI last year and since the episodes have so little continuity I rarely care whether I'm watching a rerun or a new episode) Studio 60 would have been welcome on Thursdays. I have an interest in it, but if it goes against Prison Break I now I won't be making a switch. Hopefully it'll be against the incredibly terrible 24 (my girlfriend and I could barely finish season one) instead.

Right now those are the only two shows on the network that I have any interest in watching.

July 03 2006 at 7:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Well, the only show on NBC I watched regularly was West Wing, Sportsnight was my last favorite show not on the Sci-Fi channel, and The ONLY show I want to watch this fall is Studio 60 so..I'll do what I do with all the shows I watch which is Tivo them and watch them when I'm home on Sunday afternoon!

Really, with the advent of all the new technology who cares about the schedule? I just wish that Nielsen tracked tivo as part of the ratings. All the people who watch TV the way I do don't really count at this point, and I'm usually either working, or asleep by 10:00.

My 2 cents.

June 17 2006 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

If NBC manages to kill off Medium I am giving NBC up until it is return to full health.

Idiots. This is why you are trailing.

June 02 2006 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

This fine tuning of the NBC line up shows exactly why they are in last place.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE NEVER SATISFIED WITH GOOD ENOUGH?

I don't watch Las Vegas now because it is up against Close to Home. Conviction did not stand a chance being up against Numb3rs. Who are the programmers at NBC? They should all be fired. The moment a lineup works and the shows gain popularity they move them. They do not want to regain the strength they had throughout the 80's and 90's.

Law & Order is going to be cancelled because of NBC's handling. Unfortunate.

June 02 2006 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alberto

I have mixed feelings too. I think moving Studio 60 was a must, and Monday nights seems like a good idea. I also think they are making a push to take Fridays from everyone else.

I do think that moving L&O was a mistake, and Deal or No Deal in the middle on Thursdays is risky. It will only work if they keep viewership high in which case it is a master move as it is completely different from Grey's and CSI.

Come to think about it, this schedule makes a lot of sense, except fot he L&O move. They needed a show that had a chance Thusdays at 9, and Deal is probably the only one that did.

God I wish ABC had stuck to their guns and placed Grey's at 10 PM on Mondays like they said they would.

May 30 2006 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jack

Really liked what we saw in "Conviction" & cannot believe it is not in the fall schedule. Absolutely cannot get into "Earl" & "Office" & "Medium" is certainly getting old with us. Will not give up "Greys Anatomy" for "Studio 60". Going to miss "West Wing", more smartly written shows would help (like Conviction) instead of the dumbing of the airways with shows like "Earl" & the like.

May 30 2006 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ZachsMind

Medium's been pushed back to midseason? Why? It was the only show last season that NBC offered which I actually made an appointment to see each week. As for Crossing Jordan being 'too adult' for earlier hours? It's become "CSI Lite" in recent seasons. If they make it any less adult it'll start broadcasting before the Evening News. Heroes sounds intriguing but not particularly promising. I do like the looks of Twenty Good Years, and midseason possibles Andy Barker, and Raines. Pretty much everything on the NBC schedule blows. Then again, so did last year. At least they're consistent.

May 28 2006 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Genevieve

I don't know about you guys, but Thursday is still Must-See TV for me: Earl, The Office, over to ABC for Grey's Anatomy, then back for ER, which I'm surprisingly still into. As long as I can catch The Office and Grey's without having to fire up the VCR to tape one or the other, I'm happy!

May 28 2006 at 10:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Zucker is now atop my list of archnemesises. I still think Studio 60 would've fared just nicely on thursdays... and if it got even decent ratings NBC had a solid schedule that flowed so there would be (with any sense of universal justice) a ratings yield elsewhere that would
compensate.

NBC's a mess and they just need to defiantly grow a pair and stop dancing around.

May 26 2006 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply