Katharine McPhee, phone home

by Bob Sassone, posted May 26th 2006 1:40PM
Steven SpielbergAmerican Idol runner-up Katharine McPhee disclosed on Extra last night that she got a message from Steven Spielberg before the season finale, and he wants to meet with her. She even said (and I find this interesting) that since he was calling, she wasn't sure if winning would be best for her.

Now, what could Spielberg possibly want to meet with Katharine McPhee about? Is he doing a remake of The Wizard of Oz and he wants her to sing the theme song?

Sarah

Maybe she was asked to audition to play Elphaba in Wicked. I hear That Steven Spielberg wants to make Wicked into a movie.

July 16 2006 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather Holloway

I hope she has better luck with acting. Although her role would be that of a perfectionist b---- overcoming bulimia while sleeping with Ryan Seacrest. He said she had nice boobs but sorry Kat, I guess the whole thing was a bust, cause you didn't win !!!!!!

July 09 2006 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Celeste

Geez, is this a hoax or has Spielberg been converted to Scientology by his tiny friend Tom? WTF?

June 07 2006 at 7:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

The first thought that came to my mind was this when I found out Spielberg contacted McPhee: She looks just like a younger version of his wife Kate Capshaw (when Kate had dark hair)...

June 02 2006 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kasey

When I first heard the rumor of Spielberg attempting to contact Katherine McPhee, it occurred to me that she holds an uncanny resemblence to Kate Capshaw...only with dark hair....hmmmmmm.

June 01 2006 at 8:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelley

Not only does he want her to sing the theme song -but star as Dorothy- The remake would have undoubtedly incredible Special effects. I CAN"T WAIT!!
And for the fun of it
Simon - plays The wizard-Mr mean turns nice guy. Elliot(my Fav) stars as scarecrow (not because of his teeth). Chris- the lion- far from a coward- but He can ROAR. Taylor the tinman- who else has heart and soul. Randy "DAWG" as Toto. Paula- wicked witch- this is a stretch i know- but if she can channel her hate for Simon ww would witness a sensational transformation.

May 29 2006 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sasquatch B. Yeti

Speilberg continues to do and say dumber things as he gets older...

May 29 2006 at 12:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

isn't he doing some reality show with Mark Burnett now? Maybe he wanted her for that.

May 26 2006 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allison

I'll bet his kids wanted to meet her. He had a "few" strings he can pull.

May 26 2006 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

He just wants to see her boobs. These Hollywood types, they think they can just do whatEVER they want!

May 26 2006 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply