October 31, 2014

New cast for Lost season three revealed

by Bob Sassone, posted May 26th 2006 3:19PM
Not the actors and actresses that will be playing these parts, but the characters themselves. If it's true that the outside world will now become a plot point in the show (and after seeing the two Arctic station guys and Penelope on the phone at the end of the season finale, it looks like it will be), new characters on Lost will include:

• Female, 30s, with leadership qualities
  • Female, early 20s, very attractive
  • Male, Latino, early 20s, handsome, mysterious quality
So who do you want to see in these roles?

James

Lost Mysteries
Lost Answers
Lost Books

June 24 2006 at 5:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Found this over at the Fuselage. It's an exellent site for all the lost mysteries that have yet to have been explained by the writers.

June 16 2006 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The_Thing

Season 3 spoilers can be found here ->

June 14 2006 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BobbyBuz

How about:
Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros........

Oh! They were outed.
(Duh)

June 09 2006 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

My opinion is that these people should play the three new characters, and if any of the producers are reading these, they should also give them these names.

Clara Bryant (Molly from Buffy): 20's something woman named Melissa, has a familiar link to Zach and Emma. Has intentions on finding them after Bernard tells her they're are with the Others.

Anna-Lousie Plowman (Sarah/Osiris from Stargate): 30's something woman named Donna Matthews from New Zealand. Starts a friendship with Claire after she lends her a book to read to Aaron when he's crying to much.

Rick Gonzalez (Torres from Coach Carter) Latino male named Fernando who has links to Charlies drug history. May have known his supplier in some way. Has regular conflicts with Locke and Sawyer.

June 01 2006 at 1:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JO

I THINK THEY SHOULD INCLUDE MINNIE DRIVER - SHE COULD TURN OUT TO BE A LONG LOST COUSIN OF KATE'S AND WOULD BE A GREAT DISTRACTION FOR THE DOC OR SAWYER. SHE AND HURLEY WOULD BE GREAT FUN TOGETHER TOO.

May 29 2006 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lerrin

I would hope that they would NOT go with actors who bring terribly recognizable resumes with them.

Part of the fun of the series (for me, anyway) has been enjoying fresh (if not always young) faces in these roles- so I can focus on the role and the story, and then enjoy that they're doing such a good job in the work!

I would have never believed that I'd be so pulled into a Korean story line before this! - now I'm almost irked that Jin is learning English! lol

I think I would be distracted if someone really famous like Paul Newman would come on board. Not to say that he wouldn't be terrific and perfectly competent: it's just that it would really break the 'spell of engrossment' in the story for me - I'd then really be aware that this IS just another TV show for them.

I also really do hope that they keep/bring on some characters above age 35 - they bring a needed texture to this story. After all- they don't book airplane passengers according to age, and the show needs to keep reflecting that mix and using it to good advantage.

[I will be really really torqued off if they get rid of either Eko or Locke! - especially Locke!- my personal favorite! :o))]

Sorry so long!
So- So Long! ;o)

May 29 2006 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Soosie

Woman in 30's...Jeri Ryan

Woman in 20's...Kaley Cuoco

Latino Male...Jesse Metcalfe

May 29 2006 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Howrd Levin

Your comments: For the woman in her 30's I'll throw in Indira Varma, formerly Niobe on HBO's Rome. She played a character in an ensemble cast in an environment where at least every other move counts for breathing. This could help in bringing the same intensity to a role on Lost

While we're at it I'll suggest either Paul Newman or Daniel J. Travanti to play Alvar Hanso, if we ever get to him. I missed Jimmy Kimmel, so there's
always a likelyhood things could change. I also thought Leonard Nimoy, but I don't think he would have the chemistry required.

May 28 2006 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

I've been watching "Coyote Waits" on DVD, and there are two Native American actresses who could fit the bill for the woman in her thirties with leadership qualities: Alex Rice and Jill Scott Momaday. (And they would add to the ethnic mix of the group.)

As for the young Latino male, how about David Lago, who won a Daytime Emmy for his portrayal of Raul Gutierrez on 'The Young & The Restless'?

And I'll stick with my earlier suggestion of Rachel Nichols for the woman in her 20s....

May 27 2006 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply