November 28, 2014

How about Matt Leblanc on Law and Order?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 1st 2006 2:35PM
Matt LeblancI think one of our readers made a joke about this in the comments, but now TV critic Alan Sepinwall suggests (perhaps jokingly, perhaps not) that since Leblanc is now out of a job, maybe he should be hired for Law and Order.

"Hey, McCoy...how you doin?"

That's just one of the many casting suggestions that Sepinwall makes in the wake of departures from Dennis Farina and Annie Parisse. How about Mickey Rourke, or Don Johnson, or maybe even Mario Lopez or Geena Davis?

Come on readers, you know you want to make suggestions of your own...

[via TV Tattle]

Laurie Rank

Yes, I would very, very much like to see Mario Lopez hire for Law & Order. He was very good in Pacific Blues a few years ago.

June 05 2006 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott mclendon

How about Michelle Rodriguez,if she can stay sober?

June 02 2006 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Since Milena Govich will apparently be replacing Farina I was kinda' rooting for the return of Nick Falco/Michael Imperioli as the A.D.A. Since Falco was in law school part time, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

June 01 2006 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

This show has always been pretty formulaic, so why mess with it now?

Bring in another senior cop to partner with Green. And my casting suggestion would be Brian Dennehy.

June 01 2006 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johnnymac

I just thought Michael Imperioli was the next in line. Guess not :-(

June 01 2006 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

Ditto, Leblanc in a serious role is just what he needs at this point in his career. He's done well in oter roles. However, two young detectives won't work.

June 01 2006 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

I may be in the minority here, but I think Matt is actually a decent actor who just happens to have become complacent in his Joey role and hasn't stepped up much. Almost to the fact that his real life career is mirroring his Joey one.

Look at Lost in Space. Granted, the movie was bollocks but I saw some decent potential in him there.

June 01 2006 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

My answer to these sorts of casting questions is always the same: Charo.

June 01 2006 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply