April 18, 2014

Buffy writer to pen episode of Battlestar Galactica

by Adam Finley, posted Jun 6th 2006 9:04AM

jane espensonNo, it isn't Joss Whedon, but sci-fi nerds and geeks alike might be interested to know that Jane Espenson, a writer on such shows as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly will be writing an episode of Battlestar Galactica, the Sci-Fi channel's number one series. She mentions it in a tiny little box on the right side of her blog, but also says she has no idea when the episode will air. I guess fans will just have to keep checking back to her blog to find out. Also, if you're an aspiring writer, sci-fi fan or not, she has some great advice for people wanting to break into the TV industry. Also, like myself, she's originally from Iowa, so you know she's cool.

[via TV Filter]

Anonymous Eric

Jane just blogged about her new job writing for a Andy Richter comedy called "Andy Barker, PI." coming this fall to NBC.

July 09 2006 at 1:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HandMade

cool akbar, thanks for the link---31 bids is nice to see. BSG fans psyched for the Emmy edition huh? I like how it includes the Time magazine quote "The #1 Television Show of 2005." Damn right!

June 09 2006 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HandMade

Interesting news, I didn't know that about the promo/for your consideration package. I understand your concern, but I'm not sure it would adversely affect BSG's chances of receiving an Emmy nom. I'm not asking for a win (though that would be amazing), I just want it to receive a nom, as that would represent the recognition BSG deserves.

June 08 2006 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

Well HandMade, Scifi is pulling out all the stops trying to get BSG noticed for the emmys this year. I hope they pull it off. However, I have heard that the "for your consideration" package is the ENTIRE second season. I think that may be a bit overwhelming for emmy voters who have never seen the show and it may get passed over.

June 07 2006 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HandMade

"greatest sci fi show" is right....When will the Emmy nod for Best Drama arrive?

June 07 2006 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

No talent hack, you read that right.

But don't listen to me, im just still pissed about the terrible send off the Firefly had with the travesty of a film known as Serenity.

And yes, I realized I spelled steer wrong about .5 seconds after I sent in the post.

June 06 2006 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daniel Allan Western Regional Chair Battlestar Fanclub

I haven't watched much "Buffy" but I am familiar with Janes work and look forward to that episode.

June 06 2006 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
not you

"stear"? I digress. Spelling is not the point, nor is taking Joss-bashing personally. The point? Jane Espenson rocks and BSG is easily the best show on TV. I can admit that I did the Snoopy dance when I first read this on Jane's blog.

June 06 2006 at 9:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

"no talent hack" Akbar? Come on now.

June 06 2006 at 8:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply