December 22, 2014

Waiting for more Everwood DVDs? Don't hold your breath!

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 7th 2006 2:40PM
EverwoodI seem to be the Everwood guy around here.

For you devoted fans who bought the first season set and have been wondering when the other seasons are going to be released on DVD, here's your answer: they won't be. Warner Brothers says that because of the high costs (and low sales of the set that was released), they won't be releasing any other seasons on DVD.

Of course, if any of you want to go crazy and buy a bunch of copies of the first set so they change their minds, go for it.

sybil

i think everwood was a wonderful show that delt with realistic real life issues and i am very upset that i will not be able to buy the rest of the seasons on DVD. this shop definatly deserves to be put on DVD. its bad enough they took it off the air. now this.

July 10 2006 at 6:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chanel

i just purchased the first season of everwood on dvd this last week as i was in walmart and going through everwood withdrawls. i still am having a difficult time believing that the most well-written and acted show on television is being taken off the aire all because people tuned in to watch a terrible ending to a terrible run of 7th heaven. dont they get it? people only tuned into the end because they wanted to see how horribly lame the ending of 7th heaven was going to be. people do that with all endings....will and grace...friends....the list continues. BRING BACK EVERWOOD, or at least give us the DVDS!!!!!

June 14 2006 at 5:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathryn

This whole "not gonna be released on DvD" thing really sucks. I mean I live in the UK and they won't even show seasons 3 and 4 on any channel! How am I supposed to watch it now?

June 09 2006 at 4:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Helen

This was truley one of the great family shows and it's a shame they are taking it off the air. I will miss it. And as for me on the subject of if nothing good is on watching what ever junk they decide to air... NO WAY! I've got a music collection and books not read yet. Hey, maybe people will start reading again? Wouldn't that be a kicker :) I am still hopeful that the networks will put something decent on the air to replace the shows that have ended this season.

June 08 2006 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
etana

So first they cancel the show - then they tell us we won't even be able to watch the show via DVD. I smell conspiracy. If all good programing is taken off the air, and there is no way to view the shows after they are taken off, then we, being stupid Americans, will naturally have to watch all of the reality tv.

June 08 2006 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liza

i'm really sad that the last episode EVER of Everwood just aired monday night. but i have not bought the dvd. so maybe i will.

June 07 2006 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I agree with Jake. When I see your list of "TV on DVD" each week, I'm kind of appalled by what gets put out there. Now, I loved "F Troop," lord knows, but are there really more people likely to buy that than there are likely to buy four seasons of "Everwood"? That's just madness!

At TWoP, there's been a real push on the part of the forums to get the sales up and force a release of subsequent seasons. And, at the moment, Season one has cracked the top ten at Amazon. So, don't be faint-hearted; it could happen. Hell, I just bought Season One myself--I'll take one for the team.

June 07 2006 at 6:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

Not that I am really a fan or care about Everwood, but that's still BS. How can they not release a new show like everwood on DVD when they even put shows from the 1950's on DVD?

June 07 2006 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

17 bucks for 23 hour-long episodes (ok, 42 minutes minus commercials) of an exceptionally well-written series with an outstanding cast is a great deal. It's a fire-sale "we're practically giving these away!" price.

I bought mine a few months back when it was $19.99. It's a fine series, one where nearly every main character grew and changed in realistic ways over the course of 4 seasons. Never preachy, never dull, never watered-down to be the least offensive. And it focused on adults AND teenagers, despite the network it was on.

I'll really miss it, even more than "American Dreams" a few years ago, which also had characters I really miss, but was a lot fluffier and not as well written as "Everwood". I think its biggest problem was being on WB, where no one was looking for a show of that caliber. Also, shows like this are unfortunately out of fashion these days -- no new dead body each week.

June 07 2006 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply