October 26, 2014

Subtle Subtitles

by Keith McDuffee, posted Jun 9th 2006 12:10PM
Sorry for the lack of SS last week, folks. I'll try not to disappoint again! Last week's winners:

1 star to Captain Obvious: Toby: "Every Friday at 4, I have a standing appointment with Dwight for him to file a grievance against Jim. I tell him that I'm sending them to a special file in New York. That pile is the special file in New York."
2 stars to wheelsee: "And on your right you'll see where all of the votes for Chris Daughtry wound up..."
3 stars to emily: "Interestingly enough, this is only the world's third largest pile of pointless canisters."

This week, a scene from Sunday's The Sopranos:
tony soprano with beret

ted z

Tony, backstage at the Bada Bing, moments before stunning the Talent Night crowd by silently walking on stage and performing his act, "watch me pretend that I'm trapped in an invisible box."

June 14 2006 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wheel see

I second that whole give the winners their own post and then the new one a seperate post...that way we see the picture and the funny subtitle...

now with that said...

"Screw Snakes on a Plane, I give you Gay Mobsters on a couch"

-wC

June 14 2006 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger Rees

Unlike last week's pile of pointless canisters (only the third largest in the world), this is the world's largest gay mobster.

June 12 2006 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gwangi

Hey check out the hat Joe Pantoliano gave me for my birthday.

June 12 2006 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Wyant

In this rare audition photo, we see why Kangol made the right choice by choosing Samuel L Jackson as their official spokesperson/model... mother f***ers.

June 10 2006 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tweaq

Come on, you know you'd do me.

June 10 2006 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric B

Only on HBO could you see a mobster gay it up.

June 09 2006 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

After seeing all the attention Vito got this year, Tony decided to go for the "gay" pari look.

June 09 2006 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

"Come here, Big Pussy! Does this hat make me look gay or fat or gay and fat?"

June 09 2006 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

Tony's decision to quit crime and become an artist ended when he discovered that wearing a beret doesn't automatically give you talent.

June 09 2006 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply