October 24, 2014

Buy a t-shirt and help Screech save his house

by Joel Keller, posted Jun 14th 2006 11:50AM
Save Dustin Diamond's houseYesterday, Dustin Diamond, best known as Screech from Saved by the Bell, appeared on the Howard Stern show. During the appearance, he mentioned, among other things (let's just say the number "10" came up somewhere in the conversation... that's all I'll say about that) that he signed a messed-up land contract to get his house in Wisconsin, and for various reasons, he's about to lose it. As part of his efforts, he is selling t-shirts online for $15 ($20 if you want them signed by Dustin).

It's not that he's destitute; Diamond tours the country as a stand-up comic. It's just that he had bad credit and had to rely on some shady people in order to get the house. He doesn't want to sell (though he'd make a profit) and wants to stay right where he is. So if you felt bad for Screech or identified with him (I certainly did), or just laughed at his Screechiness, go to Dustin's site and buy a shirt. Or just go to the site and laugh at him. It's up to you.

(Update: for all of the readers who are about to write, "Well, he should just get the money from his father, Neil Diamond, or his brother, Mike Diamond from the Beastie Boys," just stop right now. He is not related to either Diamond. Need proof? Look here.)

Joel

Folks, Dustin Diamond is NOT related to Neil Diamond OR Mike Diamond of the Beastie Boys.

Look Here: http://www.eonline.com/On/StarDates/Profiles/diamond.html

Jeez alou people. How did this urban legend come about?

June 15 2006 at 9:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jenifer

God says to do un to others as you would want done to you. blessings.

June 15 2006 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

I can't BELIEVE that Dustin Diamond aka Screech needs to collect money to save his house! I'm thinking that this guy has millions of dollars now from all the times they show reruns of "Saved By The Bell." I'm thinking that he has about 5 to 10 homes or mansions, what I think that successful celebrities have. And what was he doing in 98 Degrees' music video in 1999? Trying to one up over Nick Lachey for sex symbol status? I work at a steady-paying job, I pay my bills, I get them out on time, none of this "15 to 30 days late" kind of crap! And why does he think we have to feel sorry for him? He needs to dump this mess, get himself a TV series on ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX or produce his own reality series (WITHOUT copying Mark Burnett's shows!). Those reality series have been a second act or success for once fading '80s stars, so he needs to get at it. What he needs to do to get off his rear end and pay off his credit cards NOW!!!!!! Those bill collectors don't play that! Why did he even go on Howard Stern? Right now, some radio listeners in Pennsylania, New Jersey, Georgia, New York, NC, Montana, Texas and California are laughing about this. If I were him, I'd be embarrassed, humiliated or covering my head in a paper bag in DISGUST! Don't even think about talking to the media!

June 15 2006 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy D.

"SCREECH" wants us to feel sorry for him. SHAME on him. I work 4jobs and I am never home. At least I can say I have earned everything I have gotten in life. He just wants a handout. I think he should pay us to buy his lousy T-Shirts...

June 15 2006 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ninja

If Horshack was as young as this idiot he would've beat his ass. He shouldn't brag about beating up an old guy.

June 15 2006 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

I think its pathetic that Dustin Diamond has to come to his adoring or not so adoring public, to beg for money. Come on dude, welcome to life as a real american. I'm sorry that you snorted too much crack up your nose to act like the idiot screech, but do the honorable thing man! Sell your house and pay back anyone that has given you money for this t-shirt. Don't be a pathetic loser!

June 15 2006 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

It seems like everyone is concerned about their selves! This is not about how you got so many kids and you lost your house and how you don't have money there are plenty of money out their you just have to go and find it, believe me it is out there so many people are just lazy! Just because screech was famous and now he needs help you guys talk crap about him because you guys are just simply jealsy and you was waiting on him to make a fool of himself don't hate on the guy look at your onself you get a smaller home or work 2 jobs instead of bo ho on this website about how you got 3 kids and you are about to lose your house, you can do something about you just don't want to, you want people to feel sorry for you well I don't!! Get a Life! Get Out in Work!

June 15 2006 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

I have to agree with the many people that have posted... If he would have done something besides snort up his money, he would have plenty. When I saw this story I laughed. Does he really think we would donate money to save his house?! hahaha

June 15 2006 at 10:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

It's kind of funny when relatively rich and famous people ask for money. Remember when Donald Trump was a measely millionare, and claimed he was broke? I've been homeless. Spent close to three years sleeping on a bench. Not because I didn't know how to manage my money. Because I had no money to manage. I made enough money to eat, and that's about it. I'm doing fine now, because I ended up joining the military, which gave me the opportunity to get on my feet. With the resources he had available to him, he never should've ended up in this situation. It's sad that people get lucky with an opportunity like that, and then squander it. Yeah, it sucks losing your home. But when do you stop relying on other people to bail you out, and get your act together and start bailing yourself out?

June 15 2006 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Maybe he should ask, the other cast members to do a reunion show, they were all suceessful, you fell on your face deal with it rich boy. It isn't my fault you we're a popular star, blew your money, and now your broke. Some of us aren't as lucky as you. Get a real job and suck it up.

June 15 2006 at 6:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply