April 24, 2014

Is that Mac from Night Court on that Nextel commercial?

by Joel Keller, posted Jun 16th 2006 4:07PM
Nextel agitating the dotsI asked this question earlier today on sister site AdJab, but I figured the more people I ask, the better:

There's a funny new commercial out there from Sprint Nextel for their new GPS-enabled Nextel walkie-talkie phones. In it, two warehouse workers tell an inquisitive colleague about "the dots" they're watching, which are people with Nextel GPS phones on the road. The they tell the curious co-worker, "don't agitate the dots." Then a supervisor-type person walks in, wearing safety goggles and eating cake. "Who's agitating my dots? Are you agitating my dots?" he suspiciously asks the stranger.

That guy looks and sounds like Charles Robinson, doesn't it? You remember Robinson... he played court clerk Mac on Night Court. If it is, it sure is a heck of a comedown: a regular role on a network TV series to uttering a commercial catchphrase. Hey, a job's a job, right? Anyway, let's see if our eagle-eyed readers can confirm or deny this for me. You can watch the ad here.

toni ferello

am I able to watch nite court on hulu

5 hours ago Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Definitely it's Mac. I recognized his voice before he even came up on screen.

And I'm sure he's happy just to be getting the paycheck.

June 19 2006 at 8:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trevor

Nothing wrong with a national commercial! With all the "stars" looking for work these days, there are a bunch of people who would love to have the work.

June 17 2006 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stuman714 from Indy

It's gotta be 'Mac'--or else he has a twin! Hilarious commercial--which is refreshing these days!!

June 17 2006 at 8:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

It's him. I don't know him from Night Court but I recognized him instantly from a few Home Improvement episodes, which are in that IMDB profile.

June 17 2006 at 2:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erica

This is one of the few tv commercials that crack my up EVERY time I see it. Whose idea was it to put chocolate cake in there?? I love it.

June 16 2006 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dawgbytez

Google gave me these 2 results, this one was first on the list:

June 16 2006 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samuel McConnell

I saw Charles Robinson on House last week, I think...

June 16 2006 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply