August 21, 2014

Does Lisa Kudrow deserve another show?

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 17th 2006 11:22AM
lisa kudrowI don't get all the hoopla surrounding Lisa Kudrow. She played a ditzy blonde on Mad About You and then she played a higher-profile ditzy blonde on Friends. Now there's news that she has a development deal with NBC that could have her starring in a new show. Why??? It seemed to me that she totally phoned in a lot of her performances on Friends. Especially after she had her own baby in real life, but her character, Phoebe, was still pregnant on Friends. Watch those episodes and you'll see she doesn't even try to act like the belly is real. She sits down, stands up, and bounces around even though she's supposed to be pregnant with triplets.

mike

although i am biased as i was an avid friends fan i agree that alot of the media attention does seem to focus on jennifer aniston rather than courteney cox and lisa kudrow of the friends girls(probably down to her media scrutinised relationship with brad pitt) ....for instance you ask a kid nowadays who lisa kudrow or courteney cox is and theyll hesitate ...ask them who jennifer aniston is and they dont even need to think....although i am a fan of all the friends actors ....i think the problem with lisa kudrow is that she was so loved as phoebe that when lisa is cast the public expect phoebe ...its a shame that typecasting happens as lisa is an amazingly talented actress.....i would like to see her and courteney cox ...and all of the cast of friends come to that in more roles....that are preferably aired in the uk too

July 20 2006 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Lisa on the Comeback was one of the most innovative and funny shows HBO ever had. It's a disgrace that they let her go. Waiting for the DVD.

June 17 2006 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

I always thought Lisa Kudrow was the best of Friends' ensemble cast. Unlike the others, who had one thing that made them funny, Kudrow was a capable comedic actress. I loved her in The Comeback and I wish HBO had given it another season to try and catch on. I mean it got comprable ratings to The Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm. HBO just didn't seem to know what to do with the show, or Kudrow. I think they wanted Phoebe and what the got was nothing like Friends.

June 17 2006 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

I think Lisa's a talented actress, have you seen anything she's been in besides friends and mad about you? Obviously not, becuase she's done some pretty solid movie roles other than romy & Michelle too.

June 17 2006 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

Kudrow ( and David Scwimmer for that matter) are much more talented than much of the material they've been given. Let Kudrow develop her own show and give it at least the chance to grow NBC gave Joey and it'll be a solid hit. It took Julia Louis-Dreyfuss more than one post Seinfeld show to hit her mark.

June 17 2006 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

I've always liked her more than Jennifer Aniston. Why she gets all the hoopla while Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow don't just confuses me, because Rachel Green was my least favorite female Friends character.

Maybe it's because she was married to Brad Pitt.

June 17 2006 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon A.

Did you see her show on HBO? That was a very good show. Too bad I don't have HBO anymore.

June 17 2006 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply