September 1, 2014

Fichtner joins cast of Prison Break

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Jun 20th 2006 12:35PM

William FichtnerIn other news, fans of Invasion were heard whimpering tiny little cries of despair. I started to anyway, but then I got over it. As if fans of ABC's now canceled Invasion hadn't been dragged around enough about the status of the show's future, this definitely counts as the final nail in the coffin.

Yesterday, Kristin over at E! reported that William Fichtner has been cast in FOX's second season of Prison Break as the federal marshal tasked to hunt down Michael, Lincoln, Abruzzi, and the rest of their merry gang of fugitives. I have to say that I'm actually pretty pleased about this. I think Fichtner is a great actor and he'll fit in fine with the rest of the cast down in Dallas.

Of course, this officially means that we'll never find out what happened to Larkin after Tom threw her in the water during the Invasion season series finale. Boo to that.

毕成英

dear william is so attractive.lindabee

June 05 2011 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

I am always at a lost why networks cancel TV programs that have definite "loose ends". I'm at the point where I don't want to watch anything that doesn't end in the next 30-60 minutes.

September 06 2006 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bambic

The cancellation of "Invasion" has me wondering a lot of things---same with "Surface".
All that's left to watch are these repetitive crime dramas and lame sit-coms.
Thank God for cable and TCM...

August 31 2006 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bambic

In all my life of TV watching, and that's more than I'd like to admit, I have never been more disturbed by the inexplicable cancellation of "Invasion", a show I looked forward to seeing even more so than "Lost" which is great, but I feel the writers are struggling at this point. But to leave the "Invasion" audience hanging, just like with NBC's "Surface" is a real slap in the face loyal viewers.

August 31 2006 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bambic

August 31 2006 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
peachez

ok im glad prison break is recieving a great actor like will fitchner.. but as for the cancelation of invaison.. what were they thinking.. that show was awsome!!!.. i cant belive they would cancel that for what... a knock off novela!!!.. come on !!! who is making the desions at abc.. this was one of the biggest mistakes abc will make.. their are so many angry fans.. and not to mention so many loose ends to the show itself... you just dont do that to your watchers!!! eventually they end up not wanting to watch any shows from that network. especialy when they dont close all the doors...well i just hope some other network will be smart enough to pick it up..or abc will come to it's sences and at least make a movie for a finale ...wow im so disapointed in abc... many friends of mine even warned me about getting sucked into another show from abc because they always do this!!.. ugh well to bad so sad it was a great show.. and yeah thats about it..

August 29 2006 at 2:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jordan Running

I loved the first season of Prison Break, but I'm nervous about the second. My favorite part of the show was watching Michael's mind work, trying to figure out what he's figuring out. It was like a big puzzle. Now the puzzle is gone and I'm afraid the show just won't be the same. Maybe the whole conspiracy thing will keep me entertained, or maybe the producers will come up with a new hook. Either way I've got my fingers crossed.

June 20 2006 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tucker

Curse you Fox and Prison Break! Though, I guess this means I have to finally cave and catch up on season one, since after Invasion I will now follow Fichtner to whatever project he's working on. He's a brilliant actor.

June 20 2006 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike Davis

This to me spells perfect casting. I couldn't be more pleased with this! He is going to add another layer to the show.

June 20 2006 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply