July 23, 2014

Network passes on sitcom pilot, now it's on YouTube

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 20th 2006 6:33PM
nobody's watchingI really, really hope this becomes a trend. A sitcom that didn't get picked up by WB last year is now available for viewing (in full!!) on YouTube. It's called Nobody's Watching and it was created by Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence and two writers for The Family Guy. The show is hilarious. It's about two guys who love television and get their own sitcom on WB. Think of it this way: Joel and Adam get their own show (which one is the jock and which is the nerd?). They live on various television sets-- I think the living room is from Roseanne, but the office scene escapes me. They also interact with the studio audience and talk to the camera. There's also some pretty blatant product placement that gave me quite a chuckle.

The fact that it's on YouTube is interesting. I wonder whether more declined pilots will appear on YouTube. And I also have to wonder whether internet buzz about these shows has the power to bring them back to life? To hell with network executives and their questionable decisions (seriously- who the hell greenlighted Four Kings?). Wouldn't it be nice to see what the networks are being offered and tell them what we think is good?

Go watch Nobody's Watching over at YouTube (it's split into 3 clips) and tell me what you think.

[Via Pop Candy]

purpleslog

It was okay. I don't see how it could be sustained over a 22 episodes. They would need to getway out of the box. Worth a shot though. It was better then most comedies.

July 15 2006 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Not a bad premise, more original than 90% of the new sitcoms that do get picked up (...we'll watch any peice of crap as long as it stars Charlie Sheen!).
I liked the endless oportunities for guest stars and cameo's by the "where are they now" crowd.

July 01 2006 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

Well, I really enjoyed it, and would love to see it continue. I also think YouTube is a great site for seeing stuff like this, I'm betting there are a lot of great shows that the networks passed on. Dumbasses.

June 28 2006 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Juan_Venezuela

Personally, i enjoyed a lot wathing this pilot and saw the three parts in a row because it kinda got me in... i actually would've seen that... it's a pity they turn their back on it, hope they give it a 2nd chance!

June 25 2006 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DanGarion

By the way, does anyone know who the amazingly hot blonde is in the show?

June 23 2006 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DanGarion

I would have loved to watch this show. It was fun and exactly the type of stuff I like to watch.

June 23 2006 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

I might be wrong but isn't the office from Spin City?
Dude this would have been an amazing show ... seriously are these execs competely sold out and afraid of life by the time they get to the top? Soo pathetic.

June 22 2006 at 11:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
al

It's a depressing mess!

i really liked it. It needed a little polishing, but it
had a lot of potiential. I can't believe pepper dennis got on the air instead of this!!!

June 21 2006 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

I thought it was histerical. It could have been the next Arrested Development. Oh, that's probably why it wasn't picked up.

June 21 2006 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply