September 17, 2014

Goodbye Tuesday Night Book Club

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 22nd 2006 9:14PM
Tuesday Night Book ClubSometimes the networks get it exactly wrong (Eyes!), and other times, they get it exactly right.

CBS has pulled Tuesday Night Book Club after only two episodes. The show was really low-rated, and CBS hasn't announced whether or not the final six eps will be shown or not. Which is a really bad sign, because usually when there are remaining episodes of a canceled show, they'll burn them off during the summer. But CBS isn't even planning on doing that.

My suggestion? Go read a book instead, in the show's honor.

Stephanie

I was TOTALLY BUMMED they cancelled show. I was so looking for to something watchable on Tuesday nights. I was hooked after the first showing and very excited about seeing the summers new show. I hope they at least let us download the last epsiodes or sell it to a network who will play it.

July 09 2006 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley Stull

According to CBS's website they are scheduling this and it will return soon. We will see.

July 09 2006 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley Stull

I am disappointed that this show was not given a true chance. How can you know after just 2 episodes that it would not last. Each episode made it more interesting to watch. I want you to bring out the last 6 episodes for us that do watch it.

July 09 2006 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Divine

Bummer, and to think I invested in a DVR to record this show so I could watch it later. At least put the rest of the episodes on DVD or on the internet.

July 08 2006 at 11:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sheri Salomone

I was so bummed to find out that CBS pulled "Tuesday Night Book Club!" I kept waiting for it to come back on. I never thought they would pull the show after just two episodes. They didn't give it much of a chance! Please CBS, air the rest of the episodes because this show sure beats watching reruns of your sick show CSI!

July 05 2006 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori

I really would like to see how "Tuesday Night Book Club" ends. Please let me know how I can watch the last 6 episodes. I would even watch them online, please figure a way that for the people who did enjoy it, get to finish is out! Thank you.

July 05 2006 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl

Although it may not be "reality" in truth, it does deal with some issues I've been trying to tell my husband about. Finish airing these episodes. It leads to some good discussions.

July 04 2006 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SandieV

I didn't think the previews gave the show any justice, but I TiVo'd the series and watched it later.
June is a busy vacation month. There are a lot of real-life issues going on with these seven women. CBS left me with some good cliffhandgers. I would like to know
1) What is the secret in Jen & Jims marriage
2) Did Lynn find her ring in the dog poop & did Eddie ever make it to her competition
3) Is Kirin's husband gay or what!
4) Are the ladies just going to sit around and gossip about Jamie's affairs or are they going to offer solutions to stop it?

BOTTOMLINE
CBS - You need to finish what you started. Air the remaining episodes.

July 04 2006 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carrie Friend

I too was looking forward to see what happens with these ladies. We may not all look like them but I think there is at least one of them that we can relate to. Please show the remaining episodes.

July 03 2006 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mae

I really enjoyed watching this show. I personally am dealing with a few of the issues these women are going through. In short it help me to know I am not alone in womens issues, something I feel touches all womens lives. At the very least try and make your money back print off a few DVDs and see how many people would buy them!!!

July 03 2006 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply