August 21, 2014

New episodes of Futurama coming to Comedy Central ... for real!

by Joel Keller, posted Jun 22nd 2006 2:44PM
Futurama trioWe've reported on every single little rumor that's come out about Futurama's return. We've asked Billy West, who couldn't tell us anything definitive one way or the other. But -- finally! -- we have some confirmation that Futurama is indeed coming back.

And we can thank Craig Ferguson for it.

When Katey Sagal visited The Late Late Show the other day, she told Craig that the show is coming back to Comedy Central in 2008 for at least 13 episodes (I was watching that appearance, too. Must have slept through that part). Don Kaplan of the New York Post confirmed this; his sources told him that all the primary voice actors signed new deals this week. Also according to the article, FOX may have the option to air the new episodes, but probably won't. The new episodes will also come out on DVD after they air.

I just have one reaction: Huzzah!

[thanks to Alex of BuzzerBlog for the tip.]

(UPDATE: John DiMaggio (Bender) confrims the story even more below. And yes, it's really him.)

Nathaniel Richmond

Funniest show ever! This is one of the few animated TV shows that I can say I enjoy all the characters in and yes Bender is my favorite. I catch ever episodes on DISH online where I can also schedule my recordings and watch new and old episodes any day any time. They rate are cheaper than Comcast and DirecTV and working for them I can tell you they offer HD free for life so you can get the best picture possible with paying more. Check this link out www.BestTVForMe.com.

July 14 2011 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eldridgelisa

Make no mistake, Oprah is still going to have lots of power, even if she's not on a show every day!
Check out our hair and beauty product selection at www.beautywizard1.com.

May 25 2011 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eldridgelisa

Check out our hair and beauty product selection at www.beautywizard1.com.

May 25 2011 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aaron

News Nobody!

January 29 2008 at 10:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
peanut

when is futurama coming back ive waited for sooooo long and i still haven't seen any adverts i cant sleep i actually cant sleep!! ive seen the movie but when are the EPISODES coming out!!! its taking sooooo bloody long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 08 2008 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gi0

All I can say is :
Why Futurama and not ZIM!!

January 05 2008 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rainman

I've been watching the Marathon on Adult Swim all week long and it makes me sad that it is going to CC, even with new episodes. I'm not a big CC fan. Oh well. Huzzah for Futurama

December 31 2007 at 2:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
armniac

Hmm... yay, huzzah, all that great stuff. I'm sure we don't need to hear how excited I am again. So how about nthis:

"Well, forget you! I'll build my own lunar lander... with blackjack... and hookers! You know what Forget the lunar lander and the blackjack! Ah, screw the whole thing..."

=) May the fandom live on.

December 27 2007 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drgk

huzzah!

December 16 2007 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
barelyNcontrol

everyone needs to rush out and buy this DVD, or even 2 or 3 copies. The more money we spend on Futurama, the more likely the BOX network will be to keep delivering the goods!

November 27 2007 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply