August 23, 2014

Aaron Spelling dead at 83 - BREAKING NEWS

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 23rd 2006 11:19PM
Aaron SpellingLegendary TV producer and actor Aaron Spelling died today in Los Angeles.

Spelling, father of Tori Spelling, suffered a stroke on June 18, and died from complications from the stroke.

Spelling was the producer of several classic TV shows over the past three or so decades, including Dynasty, Charlie's Angels, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Starsky & Hutch, Hart to Hart, T.J. Hooker, and 7th Heaven. And somewhat more recently, Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place and Charmed.

A lot of people don't know that Spelling actually started as an actor. That's him in the classic I Love Lucy episode "Tennessee Bound," playing the gas station attendant the gang encounters.

Mark Foster

FROM GREAT BRITAIN.

Aaron Spelling, a true legend. During my childhood and right throughout my lifetime i found Aaron's productions truly entertaining.

My favourite was Vega$, however Hart to Hart, Dynasty and The Colby's were also amongst my unmissable viewing.

The world of entertainment has lost one of it's true sons, Aaron may you rest in peace knowing that you have brought pleasure to millions of people around the world.

June 28 2006 at 2:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott mclendon

Aaron Spelling was one of the Jews of Dallas(along with Stanley Marcus and Robert Strauss)who left one in awe of his genius.

June 25 2006 at 5:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

Wow. All those shows and I've never seen any of 'em.

June 24 2006 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

If there was ever a TV icon, Aaron Spelling was it. I can't think of any other TV show producer whose shows I watched so much -- hell, I grew up on the likes of Charlie's Angels, Love Boat, and Fantasy Island. I was never a big fan of his 90s soaps (90210, et al), but I was a faithful watcher of Charmed. I don't think television will ever see the likes of Spelling again. Some may say that's a good thing, but there's something to be said for what Spelling called "mind candy," and what others called "jiggle TV." He made TV fun to watch.

June 24 2006 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cole

It should be noted that 5 days after the stroke Tori hasnt gotten a chance in her busy schedule to make it home and was spotted today in Toronto walking around with her husband. I hope people report on this horrible chick before she puts on the waterworks.

June 24 2006 at 2:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

The sheer volume of credits that Aaron Spelling had as a producer and executive producer is stunning and goes back into the 1950s. His IMDB credit list as a Producer or Executive Producer also includes "Daniel Boone", "The Guns of Will Soonett" and "The Mod Squad". He did just about everything with the exception of Science Fiction. He was the executive producer on Robert Altman's film "California Split" and on the Michael Keaton feature "Mr. Mom". He had his sahre of misses - he was the executive producer on "Life with Lucy", Lucille Ball's horrific last attempt at a sitcom - but like an oilman who has 19 dry holes for every well he brings into production, when he hit he hit big. In an industry where the phrase "giant of the industry" is used far too often there's no other word for Aaron Spelling than "giant of the industry".

June 24 2006 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shannon

There are not many true "class acts" left in Hollywood. I grew up on many of his masterpieces including Love Boat and Charlie's Angels. Mr. Spelling will be missed.

June 24 2006 at 12:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply