April 17, 2014

The best thing about America's Got Talent? Hasselhoff!

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 24th 2006 1:33PM
david hasselhoff; america's got talentEven though I still cringe at the poor grammar in the title, last night was the first time I watched America's Got Talent. My favorite thing about it was David Hasselhoff! I adore the attitude he brings to the show. While Brandy tries to be diplomatic and, well, Paula Abdul-like and the British guy (Piers) tries to be Simon, Hasselhoff is a unique character. Piers and Brandy are quick to push their buttons (a la The Gong Show), but Hasselhoff likes to watch a train wreck unfold on stage. And I respect that. He is frequently the last to push his button during a bad performance, unless it's a juggler- because Hasselhoff HATES JUGGLERS!

My favorite performer last night: The foul-mouthed, 8-year-old stand-up comic.

My biggest complaint: Why did the director keep cutting away from the dancing, inflated cow?

Mike

Hasselhoff was a hoot. Especially him gawking at the contortionist archer. And after the funny yoga guy. The guy said "I'll make you laugh." So Hasselhoff laughs and then cracks up pressing his buzzer, "NO!" and another sarcastic laugh. Then everyone cracks up. I was practically on the floor laughing it was such a riot.

July 05 2006 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K

The worst show ever broadcast... Please pull the plug!!!

July 04 2006 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
renee

Did anyone else think Hasselhoff was acting wierd, like he was drunk or stoned? He was slurring more and more as the show went on.

June 26 2006 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

How come this show isn't in HD? It's filmed indoors and it wouldn't cost that much to use HD cameras (or just borrow some from Cowell's other show).

On a side note, does anyone else find that they'll post a comment and it won't go through but there's no way to go back and repost it without typing it back in? This happens half of the time for me on here and its starting to drive me crazy. And now, I'll cut and paste my comments, just in case...

June 24 2006 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Kew

I was beginning to wonder if TV Squad missed this show altogether...

Piers Morgan needs to knock off pushing other people's buttons. I'm with Hasselhoff: some of the acts were _so_ bad that I wanted to see more of them.

I could do without Regis, too -- his bits slow down the pace and add nothing to the show.

(And _way_ too many ad breaks, too; in the last half hour it felt like there was a break every five minutes.)

June 24 2006 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply