July 23, 2014

Rainn Wilson prominently featured in new movie trailer

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 26th 2006 8:36AM
rainn wilsonThere's a teaser for My Super Ex-Girlfriend currently airing on television that gives Rainn Wilson as much face time as big-name stars Uma Thurman and Luke Wilson. Rainn plays Luke Wilson's nerdy buddy who gives him all sorts of relationship advice. I think I saw it the other night during reruns of The Office and My Name is Earl, which makes sense. But still, that's pretty cool for Rainn. 20th Century Fox obviously thinks he has enough fans as Dwight Schrute on The Office that he'll be the reason (some) people go to the movie. The movie hits theaters July 21.

Knowing that Rainn Wilson is in the movie... is that reason enough for you to plop down $10?

Teaser video after the jump:

Todd Lokken

I wouldn't pay the $10 for Rainn, but I will say I did punch in the "Almost Famous" DVD just to see him in it (as I had no idea who he was the first time I watched the movie).

June 26 2006 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patrick R

I like the trailer scene where she throws the shark into his room. THAT made me want to put down $10. As for Rainn Wilson, sure, he's a funny guy. But that shark!

June 26 2006 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aaron

Owen and Luke are brothers. Rainn is just Rainn.

June 26 2006 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ice

I'm guessing no relation between Owen, Luke and Rainn?

June 26 2006 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jake

I think that this looks like a hilarious movie to begin with, this is the one movie I'm anticipating more than all the others. That scene where Uma says that she was going to Kill him and Luke Wilson reacts -- it's priceless. It opens July 21st against clerks 2.

June 26 2006 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply