October 24, 2014

That Dog From Frasier Died

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 26th 2006 7:22PM
moose; frasierThe Jack Russell Terrier that played 'Eddie' on the long-running sitcom, 'Frasier', died last week. The pup's real name is Moose. His trainer says he died of old age last Thursday in Los Angeles. The little fella was 16-and-a-half years old, which is impressive for a dog.

Moose's trainer, Mathilde Halberg, saved him from the pound back in the early 1990s. She tells PEOPLE magazine, "He was extremely mischievious, always escaping, chewing up things and running off. When he killed a neighborhood cat and chased some horses, that was it." Sounds like little Moose was a bad ass.

Thomas Haliburton the dog trainer

Hi Mathilde Halberg you did an excellent job in training Moose. My Sympathy to you, and to the Frasier gang.
Eddie will be greatly missed. My deepest regrets. I had Jack Russells in my dog class. They are loving dogs. Smart as a whip. Bye Eddie.

September 03 2006 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alek

Quote: 4. I do believe they stopped using Moose in some of the later episodes and used his children instead, or something like that.

Ya, the dog was replaced half-way through the show, the dog was getting too old, and being transferred from the set, to his home, and getting him to behave properly was simply too stressful for the dog after so many years. They retired him, and brought in a similar dog. Quote: There goes any chance of a reunion show... No not really, they still have the 2nd dog.

August 06 2006 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

He was a very cute and well trained little dog and I know he will be missed by many.
What I thought was the cutest thing ever was when the camara would glance over to(Eddie)Moose and he would have this silly little face on him with his tongue hanging out of his mouth,lol!!! That was so darling I just loved that little tongue face he made.
Rest In Peace Moose you will be missed...A fan...

June 28 2006 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DB

Eddie (moose) was the show!

June 28 2006 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val Venus

It is a great lose, Eddie (Moose) was the best part of the show. You'll be greatly missed little guy. My deepest sympathies go out to all who love you. RIP Eddie you had a long life and deserve to be at peace.
We'll miss you, Val; Miami Fl.

June 28 2006 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sister, Service Dog

Don't Grieve for Me
(Author Unknown)

Don't grieve for me, for now I am free.
I'm following paths God made for me
I took his hand, I heard him call...
Then turned, and bid farewell to all.

I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to sing, to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found my peace...at close of day.

And if my parting left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened...deep with sorrow,
I wish you sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full...I've savored much.
Good friends, good times...a loved ones touch

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief.
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wants me now...He set me free!

Goodbye for now, save a place in Heaven and I'll meet you there!
Be at peace--but you don't have to REST if you don't want to! Sister, SD

June 28 2006 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fae

That's so sad. I loved Moose (aka Eddie) He was a super little dog. My sympathys to his owner trainer. You did an excellent job and thanks for rescuing him the first time around. He was as good an actor as any of the actors on the show. Peace to you Moose!

June 28 2006 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

I could say, what a cutie Moose was...May you rest in peace in Doggie Heaven... :(

June 28 2006 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

ALL dog's go to heaven! My condolences to Moose's human family. You'll be missed - Rest In Peace.

June 28 2006 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
keith

i will miss you alot eddie and hoping you are still looking for things to do in heaven, please extend your friendship to my buddy jack who died a couple years ago he was a jack russell terrier too and used to watch you on tv as well. your fan always keith,miles,mille and colin

June 28 2006 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply