April 20, 2014

Peter Gammons suffers brain aneurysm - BREAKING NEWS

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 27th 2006 11:46PM
Peter GammonsESPN correspondent and sportswriter Peter Gammons suffered a brain aneurysm earlier today at his Cape Cod home, and is currently in intensive care after undergoing surgery.

Gammons was also a writer for The Boston Globe and Sports Ilustrated, then joined ESPN in 1990. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame last year. He can be seen talking about baseball on Baseball Tonight and other shows and segments.

[via TV Barn]

Todd Lokken

Has there been any new news on Peter Gammons? I've looked a little, but can't seem to find an update.

July 05 2006 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark

It is very sad to hear about this. I am a huge baseball fan and I love baseball tonight. It is sad to hear that a man of his stature has suffered something this bad. I wish him the best of luck and a full recovery.

June 28 2006 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JIM

What a shock this is. He is an excellent analyst, low-key, and to the point. Let's hope it wasn't a major vessel. I suffered the same thing in 1992 on my way home from a business trip, and fortunately have only short-term memory issues. I certainly hope it is no worse than a minor impairment for Mr. Gammons.

June 28 2006 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brother justin

You post that this is BREAKING NEWS @ 1146pm on the 27th. This story was EVERYWHERE 5-6 hours earlier.

And I just wish it was Mariotti instead of Gammons!!

June 28 2006 at 10:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Todd Lokken

This is a shame. He is one of the few respected baseball journalists out there (the anti-Mariotti), and let's hope he makes it through this.

June 28 2006 at 9:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blahman

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ who?? That guy owes me $25 bucks!!!!

June 28 2006 at 7:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eddy in R.I.

I pray for Peter Gammons and his family in this time of crisis. Without him I won't have one of the best sports writers in baseball to dis-agree with. Again, God bless and get well soon so that I can read your thoughts cause you lay-it -down the Ol'school style and I love it! Take care Mr. Gammons.

June 28 2006 at 7:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply