April 21, 2014

Brandy to take Star Jones' spot?

by Annie Wu, posted Jun 30th 2006 7:49PM
BrandyAccording to People, Brandy will be a guest-host on The View next Wednesday and Friday. She's currently on America's Got Talent, playing judge between David Hasselhoff and that one English guy that was clearly put there for "Simon" purposes, but this stint on The View might lead to a permanent spot. Apparently, ABC wants to "audition" different people before picking a replacement for Star Jones (similar to what CBS did before finally deciding on Craig Ferguson for the Late Late Show).

Do you think Brandy would be a good person to fill Star Jones' suspiciously fast-shrinking shoes?

Jean

I don't think Brandy is a fit.If Ms. Walters treated Star like an Outcast.Brandy will not stand a chance. And as far as Gayle coming aboard, I hope she will decline. Gayle is to Smart and Classy to be on this type of show. To much Drama. ABC should Bow out gracefully.Just Cancel the Show Please.

July 05 2006 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark T. Watson

I have a blog on the Primetime Emmy nomineees:

July 01 2006 at 7:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sara

cancel the view! as they all start to talk over each other it usually emits sounds only dogs and seriously unfunny beatches can hear. don't add to the keening wail- kill it now!

July 01 2006 at 4:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

A gay guy. What about the leader from Queer Eye.

July 01 2006 at 3:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

^As a fellow hate-monger, im offended that you would put rosie in our category lol. Cancel The View...problem solved.

July 01 2006 at 12:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rosanne Davitt

I'm not so sure that Brandy is the one for the job. I don't have a suggestion to counter with, but that's fine. I'm also not so sure that Rosie O'Donnell is going to do very well with Elizabeth and Joy. It should really be interesting how the chemistry runs.

July 01 2006 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent

Just because she is black and female doesn't mean she can fill Star Jones spot.

Old women with no jobs watch the show. The show has a token "young" girl sometimes. It is all the audience can handle. I would say picking someone like Patricia Heaton or that mom on Home Improvement. Something like that. The audience will need a moderately conservative voice on the panel to counter the hate-monger Rosie O'Donnell.

June 30 2006 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorothy

I think that Brandy would be a good choice; however my first choice would be Renee Elise-Goldsbery (from One Life to Live). She was a guest host some months ago and did a wonderful job. She has real star quality (no pun intended). Also, Sheryl Lee Ralph comes to mind. I think right now Barbara Walters and The View better do something quick. The show is so boring without Star and Meredith!

June 30 2006 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

They need someone who can run Hot Topics, that's why Gayle King sounded like a good choice to me. Barbara is horrible at running Hot Topics and she doesn't want to be there 5 days a week anyway. No way Rosie, Joy and heaven forbid Elisabeth do it. Plus that would be two young ones, they need someone in the 35-40 range I think.

June 30 2006 at 10:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gavin

Speaking of Hasselhoff, he has a new video out:

June 30 2006 at 9:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply