Powered by i.TV
August 1, 2014

Shower of glass sends Hasselhoff into surgery

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 30th 2006 3:25PM
david hasselhoffI can't even begin to understand how this happened. David Hasselhoff, currently seen on NBC as a judge for the horribly-titled but surprisingly entertaining America's Got Talent, had an accident in a the bathroom of a London gym yesterday that resulted in him having surgery. A spokesperson says Hasselhoff was shaving in the bathroom when he hit his head on a chandelier and glass showered down on him. At least one piece actually severed a tendon on his right arm. Ouch, that's a deep cut. Hasselhoff is already out of surgery and is recovering. Tomorrow, he'll resume filming an ad campaign for British internet company, Pipex.

My first reaction is: 'A chandelier in the bathroom? That has to be one nice gym.' My second is: 'What had to happen for his head to make contact with the chandelier? Was it low? Was he jumping?'

Add a Comment

*0 / 3000 Character Maximum

3 Comments

Filter by:
LC

It's obvious he is lying to cover up that K.I.T.T. ejected him and forgot to open the T-Top.

July 01 2006 at 2:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Kew

Nee Naw took the call; although he tries to conceal the identity of the patient, Hasselhoff is quickly outed in the comments:

http://www.neenaw.co.uk/index.php/ambulances/112/celebrity-spotting/

It sounds a lot more mundane an injury in his telling; as he puts it: "That's certainly changed a bit in translation, hasn't it? I guess a chandelier sounds a lot more glamorous than a glass shelf."

June 30 2006 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lee

and that, kids, is why you should never snort coke and shave in a turkish bath.

June 30 2006 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Follow Us

From Our Partners