April 15, 2014

Transformers trailer now on YouTube -- VIDEO!

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 30th 2006 6:48PM
transformers logoFinally! An actual, legitimate trailer for Michael Bay's Transformers movie is now on YouTube. The trailer really doesn't show any Transformers-- just the shadow of what might be Megatron. But, the weird part is that they're on Mars. Are the Transformers even from Mars? I sure don't remember that detail from my childhood. I watched a lot of Transformers in my time (with three brothers, Barbie loses out) and I thought it was all on Earth. Anyway, it'll wet your appetite for a movie that doesn't even come out until July 4, 2007. The trailer hits theaters next week with the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean.

The video is embedded after the jump:

[Via Pop Candy]

Destin

The Transformers are from Cybertron. I'd assume Mars is just a stop along the way to Earth... for whatever reasons the movie gives them. Maybe the Decepticons set up a base there. Or maybe the Mars Rover is just the first robotic "life" they encountered in this solar system.

Either way, not the most Transformery teaser trailer, but a decent teaser for a summer movie. I don't like Michael Bay, but I love Transformers, so I'm there.

July 03 2006 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marc

I think you guys are being a bit too literal. Just because the "shadow" was encountered on Mars doesn't mean they're from Mars.

July 01 2006 at 6:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurifurisan

I think the interpretation of the whole Mars thing was for some modern space event that people could relate to. Like War of the Worlds being set in an updated setting, this seems to draw on a "they came to attack and conquer us" type of approach. I'm skeptical at this point until a full trailer or pictures flesh out, but my childhood side is still giddy with excitement that it might be good.

July 01 2006 at 12:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

I hate to be the grammar police, but I think you meant to say "whet" your appetite

whet - To make more keen; stimulate

June 30 2006 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dr. Funbags

Not really a legitimate trailer - as it was bootlegged "aka Stolen" from Paramount. The legitimate trailer - which is of better quality can be found at the official site.

June 30 2006 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

You know, this is also on the official transformers website (www.transformersmovie.com).

June 30 2006 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

The moral of the story? Don't go to Mars.

This is shaping up to be a very, very bad movie indeed.

June 30 2006 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kracker

you can actually see the trailer with better video here... http://www.transformersmovie.com/

June 30 2006 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply