October 23, 2014

Should Brandy replace Star Jones on The View?

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 6th 2006 8:13AM
brandySinger/actress Brandy guest-hosted on The View earlier this week and she's scheduled to return to Star's seat on Friday. Of course, ABC isn't saying a word about whether she's up for the job, but guest hosting is how Elisabeth Hasselbeck got her seat at the table. I didn't see this week's episode with Brandy, but I read that she pretty much stayed quiet and, even so, Barbara Walters gushed about her at the end of the show.

I've seen Brandy on America's Got Talent and she seems weak to me. She always defers to the other two judges before giving her own opinion about a performance, and her opinions are almost always sugar-coated. With that kind of meek attitude, she's not going to be able to get a word in edgewise with Rosie O'Donnell and Joy Behar beside her.

Who do you think should replace Star Jones? I vote for Tracy Morgan.

Crazystuff8103

Where does Gayle King live? I thought she lived in Chicago? She is very involved with her childrens lives and Oprahs magazine. Why would she leave? Queen Latifah sure could handle RO but I just don't think The View will survive another two years.

Did anyone see Kelly Monaco on TV on Tuesday? Elisabeth was all over her like she felt threatened by her.

July 12 2006 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth Kennedy

The Queen, fer sure! You need somebody who's able to stand up to Rosie's vitriolic rhetoric. I say, dump Rosie before she comes on, bring on Latifa and find another Meridith.

July 08 2006 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Da'Vi

BETTE MIDLER. " THE DIVINE MISS M"

July 08 2006 at 8:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melanie

Having Rosie on the show is a big mistake. It wont be the View it will be her show. I think Joy and Elisabeth better look for new jobs.
Rosie would eat Brandy for lunch, but the Queen would take her down.
I hate the way the show is going and I feel bad for Elisabeth.
What was Barbara thinking?

July 08 2006 at 8:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Malaika

Either Wanda or The Queen would work. The only problem is that once Rosie turns into the incredible hulk and Barbara gives up the evil eye, somebody's gonna get their feelings hurt. Though ladies don't take no s*@!

July 07 2006 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andriana

Wanda Sykes would be great addition to the show. That is my vote.

July 07 2006 at 2:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

Carson from Queet Eye.

July 06 2006 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blueguydotcom

Queen Latifah has class? She's beens arrested for illegal posession of a firearm, assault, driving under the influence of drugs, etc. If that's class, what's OJ, the Duke of Brentwood?

July 06 2006 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bebop

I still say Gayle King.

c'mon people you need SOMEONE educated besides walters on that panel

King could run the hot topics section of it.

July 06 2006 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply