April 16, 2014

'The Sopranos' will not be premiering in January

by Richard Keller, posted Jul 12th 2006 10:11PM

Another delay for the final SopranosFrom the "Look, We're Really Not Surprised" department ...

It turns out that the last eight episodes of HBO's The Sopranos will not be premiering in January as originally reported. Blame star James Gandolfini's knee surgery for mucking up the works. Since the surgery has set filming back, HBO Chairman Chris Albrecht decided to push the final episodes back to March of 2007. In its place the premium cable network will air the second season of Rome.

Television critic Tim Goodman of the San Francisco Chronicle speaks of this scheduling change in his blog. He talks about Deadwood, The Wire, and Curb Your Enthusiasm as well.

JOY

THIS PAST SEASON WAS A TOTAL DISGRACE. BEING A JERSEYGIRL AND FROM THE CALDWELL AREA I USED TO LOVE WATCHING AND RECOGNIZING EVERY PLACE THEY FILMED OUT. NOW I AM EMBARASSED THAT SUCH A PIECE OF TRASH CAN COME OUT OF NEW JERSEY. GIVE IT UP CHASE, YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THAT MUCH ABOUT THE MOB!

July 14 2006 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darlene

I think I good ending for the Soprano's would be to kill off Carmella! Tony come home find her dead beaten raped , tortured and a message from Italy saying that he is no longer a boss and trusted . They really need to pick up the story. I've been watching my dvd collection and I can't beleive the difference in the storie lines through the years. It's really gone down hill. Still love the show and I look forward to the return, but I AM SURE HOPEING FOR AN IMPROVEMENT !!!!!

July 13 2006 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg Coben

Here is my idea for the Sopranos' final season (which I would love to pass on to David Chase if I could figure out how): A.J., intent on proving himself to Tony, gets caught up with a crew selling heroin and gets busted. The Feds, who have already tried and failed several times to wire people close to Tony, now try a new tactic. They go to Tony directly and tell him either he turns himself in, or they throw his only son in jail for 50 years. I think Tony's struggle (and everyone else's) with this would be a fantastic way to close out the series. Just imagine the possibilities!

July 13 2006 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darlene

I am a true Soprano's fan I adore the show , I can't stand Meadow the character or JamieLynn whatever . And I can't beleive they focused the last show on Carmella 's road trip , why are they straying away from what the show is really all about !!!! Tony I hope you get better soon , I look forward to seeing you , you are the only reason we have HBO. when the Soprano's are done so is HBO!!

July 13 2006 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DON

I LOVED THE ONE FROM THE PERSON WHO SAID THEY WILL NEVER WATCH AGAIN BECAUSE THEY SHOWED SOMEONE SHOOTING UP HEROIN...AFTER ALL THE EPISODES OF SHOOTINGS STABINGS, CUTTING UP BODIES, THE HEROIN TURNED HER OFF...TOO FUNNY..I AGREE THE SHOW IS ON A DOWNSLIDE.

July 13 2006 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DON

July 13 2006 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ro

i think its time for the 2 bosses too go , lets step it up , the actor is causing greif to everyone , we could step a new boss in

July 13 2006 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

My only beef with Sopranos is when it shifted from mostly mafia related themes to his family life. A small look into his family life would have suffice but it was a mafia based show not Its a wonderful life part II.If you look back at the show you can see a change after the Columbus Day show but I still love the show & watch it I mean "whatcha gonna do"?.......I like Rome & Deadwood also...is this Deadwoods last season?

July 13 2006 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

HBO's televised schedule for each season has been more and more delayed. Despite being an early fan of the show, I'm fed up and frustrated with the production and televised delays and could care less if any of the people connected with this show are ever heard from again! All of the posturing that has accompanied this show's existence just demonstrates how dysfunctional so many in the entertainment business really are. How soon they forget that the true purpose to creating a series is to supply an audience with a story that is of interest, and features talent that make us feel like we're living the story, and keeping us tuned in in a timely manner. True art is not driven by greed, but by the need to express. What this show is expressing is no longer of interest to me, because the true purpose of entertainment has long been forgotten by all those associated with it's production and programming!

July 13 2006 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

It's not just last season that sucked. Ever since the LOUD mouth Italian group sued or attempted to sue the show the writing has changed & not for the better either. People take all this political correctness too damn far.

July 13 2006 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply