April 24, 2014

More work for Full House's Jodie Sweetin

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 13th 2006 6:57PM
jodie sweetinThings are really looking up for Jodie Sweetin, who played Stephanie on Full House so many years ago. Shortly after revealing that she was overcoming an addiction to methamphetamines, she was hired by Fuse music television to host a show about stripping. Fuse is keeping her around. She's set to start filming a series about malls for the music channel, called Get Malled, beginning on Monday in Philadelphia. The series also includes guest appearances by Justin Long ("I'm a Mac") and Jesse Metcalfe of Desperate Housewives. After the series, Sweetin says she has two movies lined up, although nothing is listed on her IMDB bio.

[Via TV Tattle]

Randy Mancini

John Stamos really wants to put on the jumpsuit but he doesnt sound like elvis

July 16 2006 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randy Mancini

John Stamos, does ok but doesnt sound like Elvis. I'd like to have a battle of the Elvis with him fo sure

July 16 2006 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randy Mancini

Jodi,
If your in NY and need a car, I can get you a great deal.

July 16 2006 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

I am so happy to hear Jodie is doing better and may be doing a show soon. She was always my daughter's favorite.I think it takes a strong person to overcome any addiction, you go girl! Hold your head high as you are not the only person who has had problems with drugs.At least you got help! Ignore stupid people who still want to trash your name and talk about you. They don't really know you or what you have been through.Stand tall and show everyone who the new Jodie is and what she is capable of. I have total faith in you and I know you are going to be just fine. Can't wait to see the new show!

July 16 2006 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MICHAEL BUCK

Jodie has grown-up into a beautiful young actress . Keep on progressing positivley with your lucky life!

July 16 2006 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave

I knew a few friends when i was younger that went to High school with her...she went to Cypress HS. in Cypress, CA for a while...not sure if she left after her Freshman year or not. But, all i know is that she was a total bitch and had quite the ego when she was at the peak of her fame. I believe she once threw a wad of gum at the windshield of a car and didnt move, after they honked at her because she was standing in the middle of the exit in the parkinglot at the school talking to friends. I had heard more stories, but thats the only one i can confirm to be true.

July 16 2006 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lena

I am glad she's kicked it. Hopefully she will stay sober.

I was sooooooooooo disappointed in her because I saw an E-True Hollywood story or some other show on that channel where she looked so wholesome. Granted I thought she married entirely too young and thought that that was the worse thing she'd have to overcome at her young age.

When I found out she was a druggie I was truly pissed because on the show she said she always admired her on set tutor/teacher and wanted to be an onset tutor/teacher herself.

She really had me fooled...junkies are good at that. So she trashed her health, lost her husband (smart boy!) and may or may not be able to revive her career as an actress. I hope to God she never becomes an onset teacher. She'd make a lousy example. At least she's got her sobriety. I sincerely hope she keeps it...I remain skeptical as long as she chooses to be involved in anything bringing her anywhere near the entertainment field...and that includes being an onset teacher.

July 16 2006 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gayle

I like Jody. Im glad for her. Hope she makes it as big as she wants her life to get for the better. Take Care Jody. I like you more than the snobby olsens twins.

July 16 2006 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kiki

Way to Jodie!! My 10 yr old son was just asking about her a few days ago. He has always had a crush on her,and even more since he seen her recent pic.
I know excatly what she went through and how easy it is to get addicted. It is much eaiser to get addicted then it is to get clean. And even more harder to stay clean. I have been clean for almost 6 years,and I would rather give birth over to my children than to go through that again.
She could help inspire these young kids by telling her story and seeing what she went through. It seems like when it is somebody young,and famous these kids seem to listen better.
I wish her the best.

July 16 2006 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robin

Dear Jodie,
It is good to hear from you again. I wish you the best of luck! Robin

July 16 2006 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply