August 20, 2014

Entourage: Three's Company

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Jul 17th 2006 8:46AM

Entourage - Three's Company

(S03E06) Yes, yes, and yes. Finally back to form, after an up and down season thus far. This was definitely the sort of episode we've all been hoping for. It had plenty of great one-liners (far too many for me to remember), as well as the one thing that all fantastic episodes of any TV show should have... well, you can figure out what it is if you hear what Drama had to say about it:

Drama (to Eric): "When opportunity knocks, let her the f#*k in. And for God's sake, let her go down on your girlfriend!"

So, yeah, E had a threesome. The man deserves a high-five. First off though, where have we seen Sloane's friend before? I know I recognize the actress, but I can't quite place her. Anyway, threesome. Fun, huzzah, boobs, good times had by all. Then morning came, and Eric found himself cuddling with her... not Sloane. This isn't good. Remember Vince's words? The one you want to protect is the one you want a relationship with. Dumb move if you ask me. Sloane is a fox. Guys? Back me up here?

Elsewhere, Alan (the tool running the show over at Warner Bros.) has given Ari a 4PM deadline to get Vince to agree on $12.5 million for Aquaman II. But Vince won't speak to Ari until Drama has work. Somehow, Lloyd got him an audition though. That can only lead to more laughs if Lloyd ends up representing Johnny in the future.

But as things always do, they fall apart. After Vince's constant snubbing and general buffoonery, Alan takes Vince off the project and reportedly offers the sequel to Jake Gyllenhaal. That's OK, because Vince can do Medellin now... right? Wrong. Paul Haggis offered the role to Benicio Del Toro. While Vince may have some genuine principles, it seems this time they may have gotten him in quite the bind.

Predictions? What's going to happen next? I think it's more and more likely that the gang is going to start having to rely on the income that Turtle and Drama will soon be bringing to the table. Now that Vince has been blacklisted as quasi-unreliable and unpredictable, is anyone going to want to hire him for another major picture?

Of course that could be a problem too, if Ari keeps reacting to Drama as a client like this...

Ari: "Tell Drama he's on my to-do list after putting needles in my cock."

King

I agree that this episode was a little one dimensional with a lot of focus on E, but I like all of these characters so well that I really don't care. I do hope they continue to spread around the action and avoid too much of this going forward. Ari is the MAN, glad to see JPiven get his teeth into such a great character and to be able to spew his venom so potently on HBO. I just wish these were 1 hour shows!

July 26 2006 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

Hi, we were on vacation and missed this episode...if anyone taped it, can you please respond to this post. I'd like to get a copy from you.

July 23 2006 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gustav

It's official: the show has screwed me for the last time. Not only has the season been subpar at best, with medicore dialogue, a dead-end story line, and consistent butt-shots of Dom the Impaler, but now they have to go and ruin any chance that I will have a threesome with my girlfriend and one of her friends -- or anyone, for that matter.

E falls in love with Sloane's friend after one night in the sac???? How am I ever going to suspend her disbelief long enough to convince her to give it a try? And even if I am able to pull that off, now she's convinced that there's some sort of rulebook that exists about threesome sex. Give me a Fucking break!

I hate you Entourage.

You've robbed me of my god-given-sexual right.

July 20 2006 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry Chiang

Entourage's success hinge on the fact that the characters are reaching for goals and struggling with challenges. Lose this and my favorite show tanks.

If Turtle's recent luck is any indicator, these four will be boring LA transplants with assinine issues that make getting calves seem like a question worth pondering.

I hope Saigon isn't the street smart, soft spoken, talented rapper with strong family roots and a great work ethic (so Turtle can continue to be house manager)

I hope Drama doesn't get the role with the Spanish Spielburg.

I hope Eric loses Sloan so he can pine after whiney fat girls that cheat on him.

I hope Vince lands a mini-series doing Kung foo on top of Bai-ling with Tarantino directing the A.D.'s.

July 19 2006 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bruce Wayne-Johnson

Its funny no one has mentioned that this whole A2 thing mirrors what really happened to Tobey Maguire for Spider-Man 2...and what really sent it home was that Ari tells E that Jake Gyllenhal will be Aquaman...just what the rumors of Tobey's replacement was going to be...so I can pretty much guess that like SM2, Vince will come to terms with Alan and they will move ahead on SM2 and still do the Haggis movie...I like poster #1's idea of winning an Oscar for it - that would really put Vince and the gang into a new world.

Have to publicly say that Entourage is the best sitcom show since Seinfeld.

July 17 2006 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jbou

My favorite line of the night was when Ari said Vince would be sued for everything he had and he may lose Trutle too, and when Vince leaves and Ari asks for the Eric Turtle offers him a toke on the joint.

July 17 2006 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric J.

My favorite part was Vinnie's casual discussion of the various kinds of threesomes and their emotional configurations - with the implication being that he has them all the freakin' time, to the point of having developed a taxonomy and philosophy.

And the call-back to Drama and Turtle's sword-crossing at Sundance.

I'm thinking that Vinnie gets Aquaman back - remember that pre-Spiderman 2 there was word that Topher Grace was replacing Tobey Maguire, either because Tobey wanted too much money or because he hurt himself too badly doing Seabiscuit.

July 17 2006 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cavillari

I'm anticipating, if not next week, maybe the week after we have some sort of Tom Cruise-calibre PR-diaster for Vinny that Shauna is unable to prevent. Perhaps the studio leaks that Vince broke his contract because he's too busy doing coke with Paris Hilton or something. Why? Because she is in the hospital, giving birth. This will generate a hilarious moment where Ari Gold storms into her hospital room while she's doing that whole puff-puff-give birth thing I don't know anything about, and berates her for not doing her job. It'll be a classic Ari and Shauna moment. I can't wait.

Read more thoughts about last night's episode at http://cavillari.blogspot.com/

July 17 2006 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
desipate

What is the name of the song at the ending credits? I can't find it anywhere and HBO hasn't posted it yet...

July 17 2006 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Yup it's Malin Akerman and she was also in an episode of Love Monkey last year too. Played Kira... wasn't that the artist Tom dated but left to go on tour and dumped him?

July 17 2006 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply