December 24, 2014

Unaired Three's Company pilot on TV Land in September

by Adam Finley, posted Jul 17th 2006 11:40AM

three's companyFrom 6 a.m. September 16 to 6 a.m. September 18, TV Land is airing a Three's Company marathon. The marathon will also include episodes of The Ropers and Three's A Crowd, and, for the first time ever on television, the original unaired pilot of Three's Company. Well, actually, this claims it's "one of" the unaired pilots, so I guess they made more than two? Well, whatever the heck it is, it's an episode even diehard Three's Company fans haven't seen before, so it might be worth checking out. No word on the exact time when the pilot episode will air, however, so it's probably best to just sit in front of your TV for those entire 48 hours.

phish73

kewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl!!!

July 18 2006 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PB

There are two unaired pilots. Both are on DVD, one on season 2's DVD and the second one on season three's DVD. One of them will air on TV Land at 10pm that Saturday and again 6pm on Sunday. This will mark the first time on TELEVISION they will air, even though they are on DVD.

July 17 2006 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tr

Alan, i don't know about the ray charle's thing, but i know for sure that Alan Thicke DID NOT write the theme song to "Three's Company". check out this article about TVLand's special on TV Theme Songs:

from the article:
"A few years back, a TV compilation album even credited Thicke as singer and composer of the "Three's Company" theme. "Alas, I must confess that I had nothing to do with it," he says. (Just to set the record straight, the song was composed by Don Nicholl and Joe Raposo.)"

July 17 2006 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

This can't be right.

July 17 2006 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

I heard a rumor that Ray Charles did the original theme song, but was replaced when it when into syndication with the Alan Thicke version. I wonder which one will be on the previously unaired pilot?

And no, I'm not kidding.

July 17 2006 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erik

I can't believe I know this, but I just watched "The Unauthorized Behind The Scenes of The Making of Three's Company" or whatever it was called, and according to that bio pic, they actually made TWO pilots before the one that was aired--because they cast Chrissy Snow, filmed the pilot, didn't like the actress, fired her, cast Chrissy Snow again, filmed the pilot, didn't like the actress, fired her, and THEN they found Suzanne Somers and filmed the pilot AGAIN and boom, Three's Company. (or a crowd, I guess)

July 17 2006 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply