September 21, 2014

Orange becomes green on Smallville

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 18th 2006 7:14PM
SmallvilleRemember that Aquaman pilot for The CW that was rejected, then revived as a mid-season replacement? Well, forget about it again. It's not coming back at all.

But there's good news for Justin Hartley, the guy who played the ocean-dwelling superhero in the pilot: he's going on another superhero show on The CW. Hartley will play The Green Arrow on at least seven episodes of Smallville. Sounds like a meaty part and a good one. The Green Arrow is trying to form the Justice League and wants Clark to join.

RICH WARBUCK'S

I love smallville so justice league is what I need to see(I just hope they do it right!!!)

September 21 2006 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
susan

I don't what to expect on the upcoming episodes for season 6...

August 22 2006 at 10:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger Rees

Thanks Duvy!

July 20 2006 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

":Ya' know, some fans don't want to be spoiled for the upcoming season. }:("

Then what the hell are you doing on a blog that talks about past, present and future tv events?

July 20 2006 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

Well, I for one, love the though of expanding the Justice League plot. I also think a 6 or 7 episode arc w/ Green Arrow could rock. Because, frankly, I'm sick of the on-again-off-again-on-again-off-again with Lana, the awkward tension between Lois and Clark and the puppy love thing between Chloe and Clark. It's time to move on and this sounds like a great way to explore some fresh new ground. IMO, last season was a disappointment; hopefully these ideas freshen the show up a bit.

July 19 2006 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Max v W

Justice League! Why is the wait for more smallville so long! :( I want to see how he somehow escapes and defeats Zod! :(

July 19 2006 at 5:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duvy

I rarely post but I just couldn't resist applauding Captain Obvious for the "jumping the subclass Elasmobranchii of the Chondrichthyes" comment. I love it. Well that's all.

July 19 2006 at 3:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erica

Ya' know, some fans don't want to be spoiled for the upcoming season. }:(

July 18 2006 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger Rees

While the Aquaman episode was cool, I don't want to see other superheroes on with such large recurring roles. Its almost an admission that the show is jumping the subclass Elasmobranchii of the Chondrichthyes. This is one of my favorite shows and there is still so much to do with the characters that are already here. I think the addition of new superheroes is just a cheap and obvious way to drag out story ideas that they have already done, and just freshen them up by having new characters act out the same stories.

July 18 2006 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply