September 30, 2014

Regina King joins cast of 24

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Jul 18th 2006 10:29AM

Regina KingI've read about this on a couple of different sites now, so I think it's legit. Regina King has been cast in season six of 24 as Angela Palmer, the sister of Wayne Palmer and the late President David Palmer.

Angela, a powerful lawyer, has no doubt been added to fill the role of "crazy black female" left vacant by the likes of Sherry Palmer and Julia Milliken.

Alright, I kid, but I'm sure she'll find some way to get involved in Jack's plans since he won't be battling it out in China.

Regardless, I'm pleased with the add. She was fantastic in Ray. However, what really has me excited is far more spoiler-ish. It's after the jump if you care to read on.

Wayne Palmer giving you the evil eye.The same sources are reporting that D.B. Woodside is also returning to the show next season as a series regular. In what capacity you ask? Well, perhaps you've heard about a recently vacated job (man, do I hate Charles Logan) called the Presidency.

That's right, we get another President Palmer. I'm honestly really excited by this. I thought Wayne was a fantastic character in season three and it was great to see him back this past season... even though he seemed to disappear after Buchanan hid him in his basement. It's a nice touch though, having him pick up where his brother left off. Anyone else as pumped about this as me?

Roslyn Reddick

ms. king my name is angela i work with this lady she looks just like you every one is always asking her is she you sh elooks just like you i wish you could see her she acts just like you when she is serious, she is serious, when she is playing she is playing she is your twin. you need to see this. thank you,

August 30 2006 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

Dude (#6), do you even read the other posts?

July 18 2006 at 10:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry

MASE:

You are confusing Regina King with Regina Taylor...

July 18 2006 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgdc

I guess it's just me but Regina King is poison to every project she's in. Every role is played the same way: straight and boring. She has zero range and manages to always take down good actors.

July 18 2006 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry

MASE:

You are confusing Regina King with Regina Taylor...

July 18 2006 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

It's great to see both of these actors join the cat of 24. Woodside and King are fantastic actors. I've never understood why Regina King doesn't have a bigger career when you consider who Oscary-worthy performances in Jerry Maguire and Ray. Woodside, who I first saw on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, has always been great in the role of Wayne Palmer and had great chemistry with both Dennis Haysbert and Penny Johnson. I give a lot of credit to 24 for creating some of more three dimensional African-American roles on television these days, and adding Woodside and King is icing on the cake.

July 18 2006 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mase

Will this affect her role on THE UNIT at all? Would hate to have her character leave that show. Hope she is able to do both.

July 18 2006 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

Oh man, I LOVE REGINA KING!!! She can take this role so many ways...crazy bioch (Ray), hoochie (Poetic Justice), but since she is an attorney, I think she'll be more corporate (Daddy Day Care). She is a powerful actress, and I am looking forward to this.

Wayne Palmer as Pres...whatever, he is so not interesting to me. Since the Logan is taken out mid-term, and we're on the following day, I'd imagine that the VP would be in charge...right? Unless they fast forward a year or two after Jack is taken by the Chinese.

I can't wait for Regina King and Chloe to get in to it though, if that ever happens. The untimate office showdown...determined black woman vs. annoyed geek. I'd pay for that fight, hope it happens.

July 18 2006 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samuel McConnell

...oh man, get ready for awesome.

July 18 2006 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply