April 18, 2014

What is THE BEST show on television?

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 18th 2006 8:45AM
question markAfter this season's nominations, we all know that the Emmys are a load of crap. Now the television critics over at TV Week think they know what are the best shows on television. In a semi-annual poll, critics voted Lost and The Sopranos as their favorite shows. Grey's Anatomy ranks No. 3. They also voted Unan1mous and The War at Home as the worst shows on television. Battlestar Galactica moved up to No. 11 and Desperate Housewives fittingly dropped from No. 2 to No. 23.

While I won't disagree on their picks for the worst programs, I do disagree on their choices for best television. This season's Lost wasn't so hot and The Sopranos seems tired. My hands-down favorite television program right now is The Office (tied for 19th among the critics). This season, I came to adore the characters. Everytime I hear the music for the opening credits, I can't help but bounce on the couch and clap my hands like a two-year-old.

What do you think is THE BEST show on television? Choose only one.

JC

There were a lot of great shows this season and the Emmys just didn't justify that. The best show on T.V right now and one of the best of all time would have to be Rescue Me. No other show is that funny and that sad at the same time.

Honourable Mentions:
Rockstar
The Office

October 09 2006 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

Definately "Battlestar Galactica" is number one, with "Smallville" coming in second. The Stargates come in third.

September 24 2006 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Meg

I believe they said that the Office was actually 6th this year, up from 19th LAST year.

And yeah, the Office, Scrubs, and Veronica Mars are all close for me. Not sure I can choose.

July 25 2006 at 2:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lulu

Deadwood.

July 24 2006 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

BSG & LOST

Don't make them fight people- they're both amazing shows that break out of the bounds of pedestrian give-me-a-paycheck dribble.

July 22 2006 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shrugged

Lucky Louie

July 21 2006 at 7:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
connor

LOST, LOST, and more LOST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 20 2006 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KT

Lost-it's the best book that hasn't been written yet.

July 20 2006 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply