November 28, 2014

Camryn Manheim joins cast of Ghost Whisperer

by Adam Finley, posted Jul 20th 2006 2:04PM
Is anyone still watching Ghost Whisperer? I guess enough people must have tuned in to see Jennifer Love Hewitt confab with the netherworld because the show is coming back for a second season, though this time Hewitt's best pal will be played by Camryn Manheim rather than Aisha Tyler, whose character was written off the show in the season finale. Apparently they've been trying to get Manheim to do the show for awhile now, and they must have finally convinced her. Manheim was previously on The Practice and recently appeared in episodes of The L Word on Showtime.

nan

I am very surprised to see Aisha written out of the show. Why is it, when a show has a great cast, it gets spoiled by cast changes the second seson. The perfect balance was there. Is the addition of Camryn Manheim to attract an older audience? I too will watch Ghost Whisperers' first two shows, but I really think I will look somewhere else to fill that hour. It was a good show. Good luck.

September 19 2006 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shasron barclay

I was shocked tonight to see Aisha Tyler was written off the show and very saddened. However, I am more heartened to see that Camryn Manheim has been written in. Loved her on The Practice

September 15 2006 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Aisha is one of my favorite actors and it always seems like she's in short-lived parts. When is someone going to give her a show of her own? Actually, she kind of had that with Ghost Whisperer, but for some reason they chose to write her out of the show. I will watch for a while in season 2, but since Aisha was a big part of why I watched, I'll probably use that hour to watch something else.

July 21 2006 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bev

I really like Ghost Whisper and I thought Jennifer and
Aisha were perfect. It hurts a show to kill off a main character after just one season. I will of course watch the first episode of the new season and only then will I know if the show will be worth watchng again. I CANNOT picture Camyrn fitting into the shows storyline. Hope all works out because I am sure there are a lot of us are trying to figure out why this has happened.

July 20 2006 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

So much potential there...oh well. Why not Boston Legal, aren't her character and Alan Shore friends? What's going on here?

July 20 2006 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

Now there's my reason to stop watching. I was enjoying the store. Mainly looking at Jennifer and Aisha. Camryn will just ruin it for me now!

July 20 2006 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply