October 25, 2014

Big Brother: Elimination #2

by Deidre Woollard, posted Jul 21st 2006 7:23AM
diane and jase (S04E06) No one seems to know who to get rid of and there is lots of last minute scrambling to try and decide who is the bigger threat, Diane or Nakomis. Nakomis steps up her game and makes her case to the SeaSick alliance promising to help them get rid of Chilltown and Diane generally tries to not be quite so much of a mess. This week the voting doesn't seem to be along alliance lines. The voting clips they show prove that, after all Will and Boogie vote differently as do Season Sixers Janelle and James. What is going on here? Are the alliances starting to splinter already?

The vote is a resounding eight to two to get rid of Nakomis which means that she had enemies on both sides. After she leaves she is quite frank about her feelings that Kaysar made a huge mistake by not putting up Will and Boogie.

The competition is a memory game and it comes down to James and Danielle in the finale. James wins. This should be interesting. In my opinion, James is far more evil than the evil doctor Will. He loves manipulation and trickery so much and there is a very hard edge to the way he plays. For him it is not a lark at all.

Side bits from tonight included the ongoing molestation of the Botox-ed and shiny Dr. Will by Howie and Marcellas and Janelle's bubble bath in which Marcellas says that he and Janelle should go to the final two if only because they would be the most aesthetically pleasing duo to grace the final two. Marcellas seems quite determined not to be left out of anything this season. He is everywhere.

For the first time tonight I started to think that Big Brother is rigged. I know enough about reality TV to know that key moments are sometimes reshot but I've never had such a sense of the voting being skewed. I wonder if the reason Kaysar didn't put Will or Boogie on the block is because it makes better television to save that confrontation for later in the season. By the same token, was Diane kept in the house because of a possible showmance with Boogie and her alleged "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" alliance with Jase? Or have I just gone conspiracy crazy?

Alodar

What was the deal with Chicken George wearing the tinfoil suit during the elimination ceremony?

July 24 2006 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I find it hard to believe the show is rigged only because of the scandal and lawsuits it will cause from all past contestants filing claims. If Will was promised something big I would assume it would be a seperate paycheck outside the game and it's cash prize. There are no rules against private deals if they don't effect the game AFAIK. If anything, it's a chance for Will to plug his cosmetic surgery practice.

James is also one of my favorites an his winning is the best possible situation for the Season sixers. If Howie won he would have screwed up the nominations somehow and Janelle still has some trust in Jase. James knows that Will and Boogie are threats and has to put them up.

If this episode taught me anything it shows how smart Danielle is. She appeared to be the only one to detect the Mr and Mrs. Smith alliance. It shows that she is an excellent observer and strategist. She screwed up by going on the offensive in the first episode, but has fallen back and become more subtle lately. Will was right when he said she was robbed in the season she played in.

July 21 2006 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Well there were rumors last year that some conversations were caught twice on the live feeds. People have thought things were staged for a while now. But they way the ask questions in the diary room can cause the reaction that they want too. They can lie to them to make them think someone else said or did something in order to create the friction they want. Like did they make up the whole "Mr and Mrs Smith" thing and then ask a question in the diary room to start them wondering if Diane and Jase were together.

July 21 2006 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger Rees

James, James, James. I love this guy. He was by far my favorite HG last year (Janie was a distant second), and I thought he got stabbed in the back. His winning HoH is a nice, new experience.

It will be very interesting to see how S6's plan plays out. I think James is firmly entrenched with the others, and is just playing the outsider right now (did you notice Howie running up, kind of tentatively, and then backing off quickly; it's almost as if they told him 'Howie, don't run up if one of us wins' but he couldn't contain himself).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a George / Diane nomination. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Willboogie nomination. The only ones that are safe are Janie, Kay-kay and Howie. Perhaps Marcellas. Perhaps Erika. But the Others (and Henry Gale) better watch out. [Did I mention I can't wait for Lost to come back?]

July 21 2006 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allison

How come Nakomis wasn't shown goodbye tapes? Also, there was a long peek at the houseguests after she said goodbye, when usually they go right to the person coming into the studio with Julie and then back to the houseguests. I think something went wrong with the production last night.

July 21 2006 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Casey

From what I'm hearing on other blogs, and live feed reports, Will didn't want to be on the show. The producers begged him and supposedly promised "something big" if he came on. So, if this is true, it looks like you're right, and the show is rigged alot more than we are led to believe.

July 21 2006 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply