September 30, 2014

Rachel Dratch leaving SNL, too

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 23rd 2006 2:34PM
rachel dratchThe big news on Friday night was that Tina Fey is leaving Saturday Night Live to concentrate on her new NBC comedy, 30 Rock. Well, it only makes sense that Rachel Dratch is leaving SNL, too. She is a co-star on 30 Rock, after all. In the show, she plays the star of a girls-only sketch show whose world is rocked when a man (fellow SNL alum Tracy Morgan) joins the cast.

My only reaction to this news is: Thank God, no more Debbie Downer!

Bob Micek

Rachael Dratch is funny- end of discussion. She was great on King of Queens as Spencer's girlfriend and will be even better on 30 Rock. I liked Debbie Downer but really love Appalachian Emergency Room. Including Trevor (Chris Parnell). Don't know why they would cut him loose- he is hilarious. I also like Horatio Sanz's "Carol"- Sorry he's gone.

October 01 2006 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Manuel Soria Galvarro

I write, act and belong to all the Unions, which means I have been unemployed for 50 years. I am funny and have done enough "stand-up to prove it. I worked for NBC on "Hawkins Falls" live our of Chicago and was drafted into the ARmy. I was supposed to have a job when I got out, but the show was cancelled. I am haveing a wonderful time moving in the world of Laughs.
Lets Meet! I can help with the successessessseses coming up!

September 11 2006 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dmcc

I thought everyone loved Debbie Downer. I even find it more humorous when they crack up laughing while trying so hard to pull through the skit. That kind of comedy cannot(or should not)be staged.

September 05 2006 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

i've only seen 1 debbie downer sketch, and that was the one in disneyland with lindsay lohan. i heard thats the only good debbie downer sketch cause no one could keep a straight face.

July 25 2006 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carter

Debbie Downer is the dumbest thing on that show. In a recent survey of SNL viewers it rated very near the bottom in popularity. If you like that sketch you are in a very small minority.

July 24 2006 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
junger

Wah-waaa

July 24 2006 at 8:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Colin Mincy

I can't believe that you are thanking God that there will be no more Debbie Downer if Rachel Dratch leaves! Have you lost your marbles? Debbie Downer is HYSTERICAL - Quite frankly compared to some of the other deplorable skits - particularly the ones that feature the very not funny Keenan Thompson - Debbie Downer is tops. What are you kidding me!?

July 24 2006 at 7:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gavin

She has her moments, but she is far too guilty of cracking herself up in sketches. Was it Jimmy Falon who started the awful modern SNL trend of laughing harder at your own jokes than the audience? I think it was....

July 24 2006 at 2:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diego M

Debbie Downer was funny, what u talkin about?

July 23 2006 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

I thought the first Debbie Downer skit was hilarious. Even now I think it is a funnier character than Horatio Sanz's Carol.

July 23 2006 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply