December 19, 2014

Richard Hatch is now in federal prison

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 24th 2006 6:16PM
richard hatchMaybe 'Naked Guy' doesn't fly in prison. Season one Survivor winner, Richard Hatch, has been moved to a federal prison in Oklahoma. He's serving a 51-month sentence for not paying taxes on his $1 million prize and other income. The judge was especially harsh because he believed Hatch repeatedly lied on the stand.

Hatch was doing time at the Plymouth County Correctional Institution in Massachusetts and he was inexplicably moved to the federal transfer center in Oklahoma and it's not clear whether he'll serve the remainder of his sentence there or be moved elsewhere. When he was sentenced, he requested to serve his time either in Rhode Island or Florida, to be near his family.

ryanknapper

And for my mental as well as physical health I request to serve my term near my family in Florida, to be near my family. Also, if it could be in a women's prison, that would be great.

July 26 2006 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SamMalone

51 months! Was Susan on the jury? Will he be nicknamed Snake or Rat?

July 25 2006 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

He's gay, not nympho. Get a clue...

July 25 2006 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

He's gay...not nympho. Get a clue.

July 25 2006 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

How would that turn out bad? He's gay, isn't he? He'll willingly drop the soap in the shower.

July 24 2006 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

I hope he doesn't try to become Naked Prison Guy. That would turn out bad. HAA-CHAAAAAAA!!!!

July 24 2006 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley Booth

I don't feel sorry for him. He was under investigation for physically abusing his son shortly AFTER Survivor started airing, on the show he was a despicable asshole and I believe this is a case of a person with bad character who keeps succeeding finally getting their rightful comeuppance.

July 24 2006 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jgreene

51 months?!?!? thats a little too extreme, and im sure him walking around naked on national tv made him some special friends in prison. i feel bad for the guy.

July 24 2006 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply